Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 with m20 flywheel

Hello

I have a e34 m50b25 euro, and my clutch and flywheel is dead, and I have a m20 clutch kit and flywheel at my work (New)
    I have seen this done on e30 with m50 engines, but I the internet has many opinions on what, how and why it´s done.
    Can anyone tell me if it´s possible, or do I just order a new clutch and DMF for my 525i?

What I can tell, I almost have all the parts.
    Flywheel with spacer, clutch, starter and slave cylinder.
    Some forums I need a throwout bearing for a e21 323i 30mm, other say I just have to use a regular e30 320i bearing.

Hope one of you guys can help me.

You can use a e30 flywheel with a zf as long as you use your m20 flywheel but it needs to have the back shaved off up to the ring gear. I'm not sure a spacer would work as I suspect it would mess with the starter?

You need to have the same starter as the flywheel. For throwout bearing I am not sure what is required, I believe you can use the m20 one but the release will be low? https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=236730

I went this route because m20 parts are cheaper and easier to source.

Comment

It´s the starter I´m concerned about.
      I dont have any good shops around me for shaving the flywheel, nearest is at least 100miles.

That's why I hoped the spacing would help me with that small issue.
      Dont know if the m50 starter has a longer stroke/throw (Dont know the correct english word)

I have search all over the net by now, and some one thing, and another something else.
      Not complete sure what to think.

Comment

Working...
      X