• Show
Clear All

E34 harness connector

Where does this connector go? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358369318.228583.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	7230437

And the power cables have me a but confused. Is this power or a ground? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358369363.484300.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	7230438

An for the harness power, do I just hook it up to the block here? Which terminal? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358369413.982032.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	7230439

Thanks

fawkin tapatalk posted this in the wrong spot..

Comment

That black wire looks like an alternator/starter cable. If you trace it is it a separate, 3-ended piece with a rubber grommet? Peel back the cover too and it may indeed be red underneath.

Hook up harness power to that +12 block, I don't think it matters what terminal as long as its nice and shiny

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. Not sure if their power or ground. Also that connecter I don't think needs to be connected to anything. Ill most likely find out tonight if it works or not.

Comment

That thick cable goes to the starter. And the other one was removed.

Comment

Hi

BMW 5 Series E34 ISO Wiring Harness Connector Stereo Radio Adaptor PC2-05-4 in Vehicle Parts & Accessories, GPS & In-Car Technology, Terminals ...

Australia Immigration
            Australia Immigration

Comment

There should be a big ground wire which just has heaps of little ground wires bunched up to a big connector, then the big starter/alternator cable, usually with the battery + terminal on it and then another red one which is for the main engine harness. I just put an e34 m50 setup into my e30, Only got the thing working today.

Comment

I used a manual m50 e34 too, so maybe that first connector has to do with the auto?

Comment

I'm also mid swap with an e34 harness. I'm pretty certain that the first plug is for auto and is useless.

Comment

Working...
                  X