No announcement yet.

Coast to Coast, an e30 American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going over Tioga pass and going down hwy 41. Be aware that their is roadwork happening below the south gate of Yosemite, near Oakhurst!
    Due to a large wildfire recently on the west gate on 140 their is a possibly of a delay as well. If you do end up in mariposa happy burger is an "interesting" eatery

Otherwise enjoy yourselves going through my neck of the woods! If you have time to take a couple cool back roads PM me and I'll give you my favorites.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kickinindian; 09-11-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Looks like you are coming through Palm Beach County, FL later on your journey.

Do not miss Palm Beach Island - it’s one of the nicest drives in FL. Get off or I-95 and go east on Southern Blvd. then head north on FL A-1-A / Ocean Blvd along the beach. Amazing mansions to see, including Mar-a-Lago (however you feel about Trump, Mar-a-Lago is a gem). If you want to see some insanely high-end shops, drive down Worth Avenue.

Conrinue north past The Breakers on N County Road and then head back west on Royal Poinciana Way to get back to I-95 through West Palm Beach.

Let me know if you want restaurant suggestions.
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

I don't know how your radio situation turned out but if you guys are using your phone to stream music then you should download the iHeart radio app. There's a funny LA based morning show on 95.5 KLOS from 5:30a to 9:30a. You may also want to download the Offerup app in case you need any emergency e30 parts, it's like craigslist but in an app format.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm down for a gtg in la
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            I'm down for a gtg in la
            follow the link then!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Any updates?
              sigpic

Comment

I’ve been taking notes and editing photos but I’ve had terrible cell service in this hotel that we have been in. Not enough to set up a hotspot for my laptop and the WiFi is shit. I am going to try and go to a Starbucks tomorrow and update you all day by day. Tomorrow is our first rest day and man do I need it!!

2man - don’t worry about the plate blank. I smashed the front valance off and had to fix it back on using only what the hotel handyman. It’s on now let’s say that much. But that will come in an update. My front plate is covering some very very ghetto mounts.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Yo dude sounds like an awesome trip! if you have any questions about Chattanooga, north ga, the smokies etc hit me up.

Comment

bump
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      bump
                      Yeah, what he said. I hope they’re doing alright, the hint at front end damage has me concerned for them....
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                        Yeah, what he said. I hope they’re doing alright, the hint at front end damage has me concerned for them....
                        Definitely concerning but, if they were harmed bodily, I hope he would have mentioned that in lieu of the ghetto mounts.

Dat valence waffleswaffleswaffles :(
                        1987 325i cirrusblau "Beatrix" Let Me Tell You About My e30
                        1990 Golf etwas rot "Rosalie" SCRAP
                        1991 Golf etwas silber "Silvia"

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
                        ...and you guys are way too into "mast lube & polishing" :)

Comment

Probably hit the energizer bunny because everyone knows the jackalope hangs out in New Mexico. Or maybe it was that chicken crossing the road?

Comment

Oh nothing to be alarmed I just entered a vista point to quickly and hit the plaster IS lip but there was some weird other lip underneath which my friend (who really knows e30s) had never seen before so will get some photos.

Whilst we have been working on it we found out that this e30 has offset mounted eurothene lower control arm bushes and the rear anti roll bar is 18mm in diameter.

Also, as we was about to start the car the fuel line had exploded. Seems to have normal carb fuel hose so we have now just replaced all of that. The rear sway bar mount had completely snapped off and I won’t get into the headlight wiring was a nightmare. But all done and fixed and back on the road. Could have been bad if the fuel line exploded if we was in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully it happened as I was trying to start the car in my friends garage.

Oh we also had a small fire but let’s skip past that.

Me and nicholl are fine personally just tired but tonight we head to LA!!

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

we will continue the fatburger gtg in your honor
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
                                ...Also, as we was about to start the car the fuel line had exploded. Seems to have normal carb fuel hose so we have now just replaced all of that...
                                Make sure that you used EFI-rated high pressure hose, or you could have the same trouble again.
                                Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                                Palm Beach County

Comment

Working...
                                X