Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing some parts from England to California

Hello,

so some of you know I am coming to America in a few weeks for a big trip that I am starting in California.

I will be bringing some parts with me not sure if anyone is interested in them.

I have

2x sets of e36 glass headlights.
    1x set of euro smileys
    1x set of euro grills

and could maybe get hold of some misc bits.

(steering wheel is going in my 30)

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

I am travelling through most of California so i am sure i can meet you on route somewhere local to yourselves or drop them off with someone if needed.
    Last edited by benwalsh91; 09-11-2018, 08:02 PM.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Now, I know that I should put them in the for sale thread section but I would rather offload them at the start of the trip rather than carry everything across the country getting in the way and at risk of getting damaged.

Also, I was going to post in the individual Norcal and Socal threads but I figured this would be easier.

It's also really pissing me off that I didn't capitalise the title of this thread.

Comment

You can change the thread title if you advanced edit your original post.

Also, I could really use a couple of the dual fog light switches if you can find any. If you've got more room, I'd like a set of late model tail light bulb carriers with the extra wire for the rear fog. I can pop them into my lenses, so I only need the carrier.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        You can change the thread title if you advanced edit your original post.

Also, I could really use a couple of the dual fog light switches if you can find any. If you've got more room, I'd like a set of late model tail light bulb carriers with the extra wire for the rear fog. I can pop them into my lenses, so I only need the carrier.
        ahh thank you, I have edited the title.

I can see if I can find one for you, will the fact that the cars here in the UK are RHD make a difference to the switch though?

I land in Oakland on the 5th September!

Comment

It shouldn't. It's just the two button type.

Hopefully I can get my car through smog by then and we can drive some back roads. Are you excited?
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            It shouldn't. It's just the two button type.

Hopefully I can get my car through smog by then and we can drive some back roads. Are you excited?
            I shall try and have a look for you :)

I am getting real excited, stressed and nervous all in one. its coming around super quick and just trying to make sure we have everything ready and not to forget everything!

Comment

I’m not entirely sure how rare they are in England but I’d LOVE a headlight wiper system if they’re easy to source
              91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

If you can source a RHD passenger side visor with mirror then that would be great!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fastestbox View Post
                  I’m not entirely sure how rare they are in England but I’d LOVE a headlight wiper system if they’re easy to source
                  These are pretty hard to come by, but i will keep an eye out over time, wont be able to get one before my trip but could potentially find it when i am back and then post it over to you.

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                  If you can source a RHD passenger side visor with mirror then that would be great!
                  I can find a few in beige, cant find any in black...

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post

I can find a few in beige, cant find any in black...
                    Okay no worries, I needed black. Thanks though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                      Okay no worries, I needed black. Thanks though.
                      Man wish you came back to me sooner, i found a black one but i won't get it now before i fly out :(

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
                        Man wish you came back to me sooner, i found a black one but i won't get it now before i fly out :(

It's all good, I already have one but it would've nice to have another. Thanks though.
                        Last edited by Mike36; 08-31-2018, 09:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

how much for smilies?
                          -Current-
                          90 325i Coupe - Alpinaweiß II
                          -Previous-
                          92 525i 5speed Touring - Diamantschwarz Metallic
                          03 540i Msport 6 Speed - Sterling Grau Metallic

Comment

did you make it? What'd you bring?
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the lack of getting back to everyone.

Everything that I brought with me has actually sold but when I get back to England I am going to send some bits back over so if people did want stuff we can certainly set something up.

I won’t be back in England until December though.

I do however have the above photo’d steering wheel I think I am going to sell with the hub adaptor boss

Comment

Working...
                              X