No announcement yet.

Spectra Premium Gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like every single one is like that lol... we've installed at least 6 of them by now. Good value!
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

does this fit the 318is...on parts website it shows tank "A" fitting the 318i, but not the iS...thoroughly confused
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Just an update this tank fit almost perfect. Its definitely worth $200 vs the OEM $1200.

The front middle bolt hole is slightly off so I could not use the metal insert. I may drill it over a bit in the future so I can use it but with the rubber grommet in there (and a washer) plus the other 4 in their perfectly I am not too worried about it.
        Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
        Seems like every single one is like that lol... we've installed at least 6 of them by now. Good value!
        Weird... I don't recall having that problem with mine. IIRC, it installed with minimal fitment issues, ALMOST as clean as stock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          Weird... I don't recall having that problem with mine. IIRC, it installed with minimal fitment issues, ALMOST as clean as stock.
          I think hit or miss, I saw a few others with the same problem. Its not off by much, maybe 2mm. Other than that it was perfect!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
            does this fit the 318is...on parts website it shows tank "A" fitting the 318i, but not the iS...thoroughly confused
            The 318i/iS tank is different because its a smaller capacity AND its setup a bit differently. You can of course switch out to the larger tank you just need to rearrange the fuel lines.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I put one in my M3. Powder coated it before going in. great fitment. and cheap
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

BM1A fits the 318is. Installed one earlier this year with little fuss. I had the same issue with the bolt hole not lining up perfect, but was still able get it tightened up without opening any holes. Way nicer than an OEM one filled with rust.

Also, I was able to get it shipped from Autozone for only $153.29 due to some online 20% off on anything over $100 or something like that plus free shipping.
                Last edited by captain awesome; 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Looks exactly like the tank I put in the rallycross ix after I smacked it on a rut, killed the pump, and tore the rusty tank removing the pump. Fun day.

My center bolt hole was also slightly off. I never installed that bolt. Whatever. Works great. I think I got mine for $180 shipped.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Hey guys, just FYI rock auto has spectra tanks as well, but they are only $204 shipped instead of $224 shipped from amazon (which will be even more expensive I believe if you don't have prime).

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

I ordered the BM1A Spectra reproduction tank from Rock Auto for my current restoration. I'm generally against aftermarket shit, but finding a factory tank that isn't caved in or nasty inside had proved very difficult.

Side by side with the real deal you're hard pressed to complain. It does come coated in some silver finish which looks desperately out of place. I have mine powdercoated satin black along with all the other undercarriage bits and once installed it should pass for original less the drain plug.

I gave $180.78 shipped for it, powdercoat was another ~175.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Put a few Large tanks in earlier cars with from Spectra. New hardware and all, mounting holes seem to be a little off.. If you take your time tightening the hardware it works out, just tight.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'm going to have to do this too. BMW should have put a "DO NOT JACK, JACKASS" sign on both sides of the fuel tank.:hitler:

Comment

Just be thankful a new high quality aftermarket tank is available for these cars

Comment

Be aware that your craft is still very good.

Comment

Compare to the Spectra fuel tank, anyone has experience about this tank ?

Comment

Working...
                                X