Project cold hatch !!!!!! Sound car!!!!!! K.Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project cold hatch !!!!!! Sound car!!!!!! K.Lee

Hey guys I wanted to share one of my project cars with yourll ,a little different.
    Back story I purchased this car last year has a donor car for spares.
    Basically just took what I needed and like numerous other e30s I purchased for part outs to help raise funds for my (M60 swap another project) the shell was going to get scrapped after but didn't!!!!!!!!!!

Like all the other e30s this car was accident damaged only difference being it was smashed in at the rear, and someone without experience made a poor attempt to fix it just made things worst.

While stripping parting out the car almost every part, bolt, nut, pipe etc out, I noticed this car had no rust Nothing, straight chassis besides the the back smash the shell was clean.

And Bang then light bulbs came on!!!!!!!!!!!!

That night discussed things with the wife because we both agreed on 1 project car this was going to be the second, not knowing what to expect nanananana. long story short with great news and 9months later two things happened
    First I got a beautiful baby girl
    Second this car well was kind of being restored in that time frame.
    I say kind of because the project is just getting started, far from finished,many many more things to do..
    I just put things together cause I need my garage for the m60 swap car. Winters almost over and I some how lost interest in the other project. Need to wrap that up before year end.

I will update shortly with pics i took along the way sorry its not the best quality
    For now here she stands.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slum dog; 08-18-2018, 01:09 PM.

Its just a base coat to even out my body work and make it a little neat. Also I am not sure about the boot lid I just placed it there.
    I will register with an image host to make this thread better and invest in a better phone as soon funds become available so please bare with me thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slum dog; 08-18-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Future plans
      Rear suspension refurbishment
      I wana fill it up with sound ,slam it maybe,
      custom Louvre in the making, custom rear diffuser in the making
      Leather the dash
      Brake flush and new disc pads
      Final respray

Currently things I did
      Complete strip small body correction and full spray car was red
      Koni shocks only front for now
      H&R springs all round 40mm
      Rear brakes disc ugrade
      Complete front suspension refurbished bushes ball joints etc replaced
      Engine I took out from my other car its m10 318i for now maybe m30 or another m6xswap we see wats happens when I complete the other project

I built the front valence ,made the bonnet eye lip blacked out the the grills lights will change probably it depends on car colour when I find sumthing I like.
      Fiberglass mtech 2 kit rear bumper had to be modified actually all the pieces fiberglass kit was really bad took me a while to get everything to fit line up
      Interior I currently have e90 sport seats front and rear e90 sunroof tilt and slides clean factory finish no leaks perfect seal .
      Black e30 door cards new aftermarket carpet
      Electric windows conversion
      Door lock deletes with keyless entry setup
      A lot other stuff
      Attached Files
      Last edited by slum dog; 08-18-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I have to say, I actually like it. It looks like a mk2 gti and an e30 had a baby!

I'm excited to see it all buttoned up. So different, I can't stop looking.
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Cool looking project! I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a short e30 hatch. Looking forward to the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Yeah thanks guys
            This was the car before I purchased it was a real mess, picture don't really show how bad the back repair was. Car was left standing for 5 years before I took it P.O must have lost interest. Parked it at his work place rats moved in and chewed whatever up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Engine bay mess I usally try and start a car when I get it, this car I never bother
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X