No announcement yet.

Project Lessmeister: 91 318iS Restomod w/ MTech2 and modern drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing this back from the dead but, do you remember what hose you ran for the lower port in the radiator? The one on my car went to shit and I always wanted a better one. Hope the car is doing well in its new home.

Comment

Its in here somewhere, but it was the lower hose from a M52tu Z3.

ORing quick disconnect at the thermostat with traditional worm clamp attachment to the radiator, molded to perfect shape.

11 53 1 716 642

I actually heard from the cars owner a few weeks ago. He has 2500mi clocked on it now, car performs well and his only issue is being hassled every time it takes it anywhere and gets out....

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

I cut up the E46 high pressure power steering line and reconfigured it to be more suited for use in the E30. I'll take it like this to a hydraulic line shop and have them crimp ferrules on it.

What lines did you use to get the power steering working? Every thread has the instructions to swap the rack, but never to keep power steering. I have an m54 and will be throwing in a ZHP rack as well, so whatever you did on this car should work on mine.

Comment

Reasonably certain that was a stock E46 330 etc hose that was cut up and redone, but maaaannn its been a bit and I don't remember.

Comment

well fuck me right. I’ll figure it out. This entire thread helps me a shit ton, so thank you

Comment

The entire boss breaking off the door is a common failure mode, although I have also seen the ball stud pull out of the plastic boss as well.

When these are broken the servo motor for the recycle function will still move through its range of motion, but you will still be blessed with outside air & odors you may not have wanted.

I pulled 4 IHKS units from parts cars at work and all 4 had at least 1 broken flap. The doors are mirrored left vs right, but between the 4 I was able to make a pair of doors that had small hairline cracks but no complete failures. These will be reinforced prior to being reinstalled to prevent future failure.
              How did you end up reinforcing these?
              1991 318is ---230K - DD
              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I filled the pocket with low temp epoxy (minimal exothermic delta) and puddled it over onto the door a bit.

Comment

I filled the pocket with low temp epoxy (minimal exothermic delta)
                  "minimal exothermic delta"

You can just say "it doesn't heat up that much"

We get it.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I filled the pocket with low temp epoxy (minimal exothermic delta) and puddled it over onto the door a bit.
                    I just did this yesterday myself. Fortunately, there was only a small crack on one of the supports.

This is what I used, and it worked really well. I have a spare IHKS, and gooped it on one of the broken pieces and it didn't heat up enough to cause damage.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                      I just did this yesterday myself.
                      The cream colored stuff(light tan) is amazing. The clean, or any other...meh!
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                      X