What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Been a car enthusiast for a while, so..........with that being said, I'm in my 40s now, and I got a bit of noise problem with the neighbor, immediately behind my apt complex.
    It's a custom rod shop, that has been there for about 6 months. They hold their hipster parties at the shop, on any given day of the week or weekend. Rev their engines with loud exhaust & race down the main street and are just plain obnoxious., still not a problem.
    My issue is with the times these people decide to start getting noisy, which is usually around 9pm and on. I've kept my cool for some time, without saying a word (although other neighbors in the area, have started to shout at 12, 1 and 2 o'clock in the morning to SHUT UP)
    I don't know what to do, whether I should just walk over and talk to them or just have the police deal with it. I don't want to be THAT guy, but I need my sleep back and these guys aren't helping.

What would you do?
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

If they are just starting to make noise at 9pm and going later, that is not ok. They should be wrapping up the party at 9, or at least taking it inside. Its one thing if they are thrashing to get a car done for a show and it needs to be tested, and its late. It happens, been there and done that. As soon as I was done testing, all quite and I didn't go around revving the engine. I'd go over and talk with the guy in charge. Be polite. If they ignore the request to be quiet, then call the police.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

First off, what kind of neighborhood are we talking about? Upper end with zoning/noise regulations or hood/ghetto? That affects a great deal of how to go about dealing with it.

Comment

It's got old zoning codes, so commercial is ok.
        Its blue collar southern California with average home prices of $400k+, but that means nothing, when all you can get is a matchbox of about 1200 square foot for that much.

Comment

Maybe grab a 6-pack of PBR tall boys and give it to the owner, say you like the shop, cars etc. But then mention that it's hard to sleep when they are working on cars late and having people hang at the shop.

If the 'boss' is a good guy, I'd imagine he'll appreciate the beer and will work to keep the noise down. If not, call the cops.

An alternative to option 1 would be getting a few of your neighbors to do the same, or go speak to him with you. This way you don't look like 'that one a**hole on the block who complains'.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

i'd call the cops without confrontation. you don't want to be pegged as the narko.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

When my neighbors have parties, I just throw some ear plugs in.
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

let the fuzz deal with them, and encourage the neighbors to do the same... enough complaints and they will STFU
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

TL: DR- let the cops deal with it to avoid being labelled the crotchety old fuck neighbor

screeching rant-

We've been dealing with a similar situation at our place since we moved in over 2 years ago. The neighbors that live kitty-corner across the street basically use our street as their personal drag strip for their 3 full size loud ass diesel trucks. On top of their general disregard the safety of everyone in our neighborhood, they are most active after 10 PM. They'll leave their trucks idling in front of their house for 35-45 minutes before coming or going. Their most annoying habit is leaving and returning every 10 minutes for hours at a time because their trucks will literally rattle the shit in our house.

I tolerated it for more than a year because I knew they were a low income family that live there rent free as a part of a charity from the Church next door. I don't go out of my way to make life harder for anyone, especially those who are already experiencing hard times. The last straw was when our street turned into a high school parking lot at midnight in the middle of the week. There were two huge crowds that had formed and were screaming obscenities back and forth in their driveway. I called the cops as it looked like a brawl was about to break out (a bunch of the kids at the house were holding pipes and golf clubs) and as soon as the first squad car showed up, everyone scrambled. During the chaos, one of the brodozers made a lap around the block and blew by our house it at well over 70 miles an hour as people were running feet away on both sides of the street.

After that I sent an email to the church explaining the events that had transpired and told them I would be calling the police every time there was a valid noise complaint. After that they quieted down for a few weeks and the same shit started up again. I called the cops again for their late night fuckery and they have been quiet for a few months since then.
                  Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                    TL: DR- let the cops deal with it to avoid being labelled the crotchety old fuck neighbor

screeching rant-

We've been dealing with a similar situation at our place since we moved in over 2 years ago. The neighbors that live kitty-corner across the street basically use our street as their personal drag strip for their 3 full size loud ass diesel trucks. On top of their general disregard the safety of everyone in our neighborhood, they are most active after 10 PM. They'll leave their trucks idling in front of their house for 35-45 minutes before coming or going. Their most annoying habit is leaving and returning every 10 minutes for hours at a time because their trucks will literally rattle the shit in our house.

I tolerated it for more than a year because I knew they were a low income family that live there rent free as a part of a charity from the Church next door. I don't go out of my way to make life harder for anyone, especially those who are already experiencing hard times. The last straw was when our street turned into a high school parking lot at midnight in the middle of the week. There were two huge crowds that had formed and were screaming obscenities back and forth in their driveway. I called the cops as it looked like a brawl was about to break out (a bunch of the kids at the house were holding pipes and golf clubs) and as soon as the first squad car showed up, everyone scrambled. During the chaos, one of the brodozers made a lap around the block and blew by our house it at well over 70 miles an hour as people were running feet away on both sides of the street.

After that I sent an email to the church explaining the events that had transpired and told them I would be calling the police every time there was a valid noise complaint. After that they quieted down for a few weeks and the same shit started up again. I called the cops again for their late night fuckery and they have been quiet for a few months since then.
                    I guess I'm going to have to call up the fuzz. I feel like a physical confrontation will ensue, if I knock on their door and I get shit back from any of the butt tight pants, scruffy beard, vaping dragon, PBR drinker.

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Bean bag rounds from a 12ga out your 2ed story windows would prolly start cutting the antics short, but I live in the rural, so gun shots are not unexpected around here for a plethora of reasons ..... but my plan might land you with some issues from the fuzz your self

Seriously either just talk to the guy that owns the shop.... If that goes no where, call his LAND LORD and tell them whats going on..... If that does not get you anywhere, then call the 5/O.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Continuous anonymous police/sheriff station call gets my vote.

Soon their level of annoyance will surpass yours and the neighbors.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          Continuous anonymous police/sheriff station call gets my vote.

Soon their level of annoyance will surpass yours and the neighbors.
                          I'm going this route, hopefully there isnt any parties or loud revving tonight.

Comment

you could always leave a flaming bag of poop in front of their door.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                            Sounds like you need a massage.
                            Originally posted by kpeng
                            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                              you could always leave a flaming bag of poop in front of their door.
                              :nice:
                              keepin it classy
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X