No announcement yet.

★★★★Project Tracy★★★★ Wideband AFR - New product -ready to ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but it's not built into the switch - there's a module that controls the one-touch operation and there are also two versions of one-touch on the E36. George made it sound like it does one touch up and down.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
      @#$& I just In to see if this is worth sweating over my center console and crimping 16 butt connectors again...
      I'll bet you it is...:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic
      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Holy shyte! I want cool guy switches!
        Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
          I'm talking about the E36 switch in a E36
          Sorry man - this is an e30 forum. This mod is for an e30. e36 is a different beast.

Originally posted by nando View Post
          George made it sound like....
          Ditto - no e36 talk here. It does to one touch up and down. As described. one touch - 2 stage, and remote open/close. Basically everything you could want.
          Last edited by george graves; 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Pending price, I'm interested in 4. Eventually 8.
            sigpic

Comment

George,

When can we expect pricing on these units? You say you have 4 ready to go...what is your turn around time for building one of these?

Thanks

sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                As described. one touch - 2 stage, and remote open/close.

So it is 2 stage where the first stage is regular window control, and then when you push it harder it is one touch?

My Transaction Feedback
                My "build" thread
                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
                  So it is 2 stage where the first stage is regular window control, and then when you push it harder it is one touch?
                  Exactly. That's what "true one touch" is. It's a two stage switch. - Just as you described. (I was hoping not to need to make a video for this product...but perhaps I should?)

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
                  what is your turn around time for building one of these?
                  I'm still a bit leery of taking a large order. I've learned that lesson the hard way once before. Been there - wasn't fun. My cost on these is not trivial. Between the control unit and the switches/bezels, harness and connectors..blah blah blah. It's something I've thought about a lot.

So I'll sell the first 4. Then most likely another batch of 10-20 built to order. At that point I'll see if my guess on the labor is right and if not adjust my price upwards.

I've contacted my suppliers to make sure I can get what I need. the control units and the switches are the only variable. So, I'm going to base my limits on those.

BTW - http://www.blunttech.com/ will be one of my suppliers for this. I can't say enough about Steve at blunttech. He went above and beyond to help make this happen. Blunt sets the bar for customer service. I have a huge man crush on him and the way he does business.
                  Last edited by george graves; 08-07-2013, 08:36 AM.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

well, I want 5. so.... :p
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      well, I want 5. so.... :p
                      That's abuse of power! LOL
                      Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

I spent the better half of this morning trying to make a wiring diagram to do this myself... but I'm 6 relays deep with still no way to have auto up AND down haha. Not an electrical guy by any means. I will definitely just send my money your way when they're ready!

My Transaction Feedback
                        My "build" thread
                        BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          So I'll sell the first 4.
                          Dibs on first 4 switches...lol

sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

George, thanks for all your cool projects for the E30. Keep up the good work.
                            The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

What if you already have the switches, will your units just plug into small base switches as-is or are they modified as well?
                              1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                              1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                              bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                                instructions for those of us who are already running the non-1 touch e36 switches?
                                I don't think this is a minority market, mite be worth your time to address this setup? Obviously it wont be plug n play for us running e36 switches, since the e30 harness has been cut off and e36 spliced in.
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X