What's The Best Replacement Fog Lamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's The Best Replacement Fog Lamp?

I was going to buy the ebay ones, but did a search and it came up that those are junk, so what's a good alternative or is OEM the way to go? Damn expensive at $180ish a piece

OEM is best that's easy.
    My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
    1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
    IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
    1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Assuming you are referring to late model fogs. I would buy them from the junkyard or used from somebody. You can even buy a broken set and buy replacement lenses to freshen them up. I think this is the best route.

Comment

DO NOT buy the cheap plastic Ebay fogs. I did and they are absolute garbage. The harness wouldn't connect and nothing lined up. Not to mention they made incredibly poorly Sent them back for a refund and it was never issued. IMO you best bet is to find some super clean OEM ones. A guy was selling a real nice set with HID's for $110 earlier today on here.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I agree with the OEM. I made a mistake of buying foglights from ebay and it turned out the connectors werent even the right shape so I had to ghetto rig them only to find out my light output was better with my cracked and dinged up OEM ones. In the end I bought some new lenses and silicone and made some nice OEM ones fresh enough to see the projector inside

Comment

Originally posted by dubtechnic View Post
            I agree with the OEM. I made a mistake of buying foglights from ebay and it turned out the connectors werent even the right shape so I had to ghetto rig them only to find out my light output was better with my cracked and dinged up OEM ones. In the end I bought some new lenses and silicone and made some nice OEM ones fresh enough to see the projector inside
            Where did you get your replacement fog light lenses???

Comment

Buy BMW E30 Foglights including BMW 3 Series Fog Lights, BMW Headlights and lenses at discounted rates, BMW Lights specializing in BMW Fog Lights BMW headlights and lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
                see i want these, but in glass. screw plastic
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
                  I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more specific....I need a replacement that is in stock!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    see i want these, but in glass. screw plastic
                    ive yet to find glass replacements. if plastic costs this much, imagine the price for glass.

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                    I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more specific....I need a replacement that is in stock!
                    good luck.

Comment

Any other reputable locations for either a high quality plastic lens or a glass lenses? I have to imagine that just about everyone has had to replace these at some point, no?
                      The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Working...
                      X