Nvr m power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvr m power

To start I'll mention I have been around e30's since I was 15 years old I have had probably 12. I have always loved cars none specifically any make, model, custom, classic, rat, experiments etc etc but the e30 is something that I cannot see myself without.

My e30 has been through many changes I constantly change my mind just for shear entertainment (I think).

My last swap: fun but just lacked the power levels I was use to. To many copy cat swaps/combo's just got bored especially as the local cars started showing up left and right with m50,s50,s52 blah blah blah boring same old shit

So I drove it to work one Friday and thought its time for something different. I arrived home let the car cool, pulled it into the garage and yanked my perfectly running swap out in 2.5 hrs. Sold that setup and the story continues........might I mention this motor never left me stranded or gave me any problems at all absolutely the best motor in terms of fun/dependability per dollar that I have had!!!

So after thinking about m30's, ls1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9's, 2jz, 1jz, 1uzfe, 2.3t, 4g63's, 3sgte's, sbc, and ridiculous m20 builds electric motors and diesel's...I thought what is a great cost effective platform that has a healthy aftermarket without being tied down to limitations or $$$ exotic parts $$$$. I settled on a motor I have always loved for simplicity and something that's not caked in plastic like most modern cars. It has to have a great sound and some displacement expandability.

So I went to the junkyard and searched around for my victim. Very quickly I zero'd in on a suv white in color and pretty clean I might add. Normally I look for cars with crash damage to the rear and inspect them for damage extending into the trans/engine/driveline. This truck was clean so I asked my buddy who owns the junk yard the story on the suv. Turns out the original owner drove it in 100% fine he had intended on using it as a trade in but the dealership wanted to give him $500 for it. My buddy gave him $1000.00. Long story short I brought home a 97 explorer 5.0 originally it was matted to a auto trans which I preferred.

I began the tear down of the engine the motor was very clean but I had a plan to refresh the entire engine just for good measure. Well the deeper I got the more I thought this thing doesn't need a rebuild just a full gasket kit, water pump etc and any needed modifications for my plan at the time to swap in a stock 302 with stock a9l ecu and a 93 fox manual wiring harness with a t5 and new clutch combo. Thinking logically at the time this was a great idea get it in get it running and add things as I felt I needed to IE head's cam maybe some nitrous maybe boost...who knows what I would want if anything. lol yea right

Here is a shot of the 5.0 and stock t5...

Last edited by Mako18; 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM.
    sigpic

So I make a order to Matt Wagner @ e30v8.com for a swap kit. Swap cd, motor mounts, oil pan, trans cross member get it all installed and bolted up. Next I order a set of Condor Speed Shop UHMW e30 motor mounts and get this motor/trans set into the car.

Feeling like I need to buy something for the car I stumble onto a deal and luck out on some prefabricated rear facing exhaust manifolds for a bargain. At the time I didn't have time to spend fabricating headers and the like. Saved sometime and got a nice set seemed like the way to go...

Here is the motor with the headers:

Last edited by Mako18; 08-16-2013, 09:01 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

couple random shoot's

So now you are thinking where are those headers......sold!!!! Did I mention I get bored ez....hrmmmmm

bought this garret TP-38

and this no name 38mm wastegate, inspected, cleaned and tested.

Once again changed my mind and sold the first turbo ford/garret TP-38. picked up a
        60mm ball bearing turbonetics turbo:

then within a week of owning the 60mm returned it for this brand new hurricane lety 66mm Turbonetics beauty!!

That's all for tonight I will continue this tomorrow and the next day until its all current and caught up to where I am now...hehehehe
        Last edited by Mako18; 08-16-2013, 09:09 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

wellthatescalatedquickly.gif

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
            The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
              wellthatescalatedquickly.gif
              Yeah seriously
              Originally posted by TSI
              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
              OEM+

Comment

turbo 5.0. Definitely different.

Comment

Wait till u see where its at now...lol this thread is a about 7months behind present day
                  sigpic

Comment

Updates I need em

Comment

^ lol

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        ^ lol

Comment

Updates tonight tune in
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok slow on updates i guess i spend more time working on this thing than sharing info. Whole new setup this has got way out of hand. Updates asap or when i can dedicate enough time to share the info with the masses...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
                            sigpic

Comment

don't build up suspense or anything like that. geez.

Comment

Working...
                              X