No announcement yet.

Hagerty Classic Car Insurance // Feedback rqst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned, just be sure to go over the agreed value. Also, if you get a chance search this subject over on bmw2002faq.com There is a lot of good input since many 2002's are insured with classic car insurance already.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by 613EDRTY View Post
      I happily paid $285 for my e30's policy this year, Hagerty is all based on value, we set my e30 at 5k. Might increase it this year after I repaint it etc.
      ..ah, agreed value. So based on what it's worth to me the cost to insure the car is dependent on that.

if i'm understanding correctly that is. So..my rate would likely not be cheap due to the investment I've made.
      My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
      1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
      1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

I've got Hagerty on 1974 BMW 2oo2 with value @ 13K for $175.oo

dlm ny country

Comment

I've got American Collectors on both E30's.

20k insured on the 332iS and 8k for the mtech2 vert (for now).

I think I pay about $630 (1yr) for full coverage with their tow package. Good people to work with.
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I have Haggerty on both Bimmers. It's a great deal and is well suited to the way I use the cars (which is to say sparingly)

I have two dailies so Haggerty was a good fit.

I pay $573 per year for both cars and most of that premium is based on an agreed value. There's a formula for base rate + X per thousand in value.

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
            '92 Mtech2 - Alpinweiss/Mtech Cloth
            '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
            '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

How do you all get around the fact that all these companies require they reside in a locked garage? do you lie, or do you all have garages? Just lost my garages so im SOL.

Comment

I've used Hagerty since I bought my E30, it's been great. My E30 is the fun car so it spends 99.5%+ of it's time in my garage.

It's ~$300/yr for $12k of coverage I believe. State Farm wanted double that and if it was totaled they informed me I would get a whopping $387... yea no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                  How do you all get around the fact that all these companies require they reside in a locked garage? do you lie, or do you all have garages? Just lost my garages so im SOL.
                  Don't get around it lol... I garage both E30's.
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

For that I could daily them with regular insurance with the cost of insurance and two garages.

Comment

In other words, do I commit insurance fraud?
                      No. I don't. I leave the car locked in a locked garage within my locked house.

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                      '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                      '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

Interesting.

The stated yearly costs add up to roughly $40-80 a month while covering the truer(imo) value of the cars.

And..is a little more affordable than what I currently have with USAA. Definitely going to check on this.
                        My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                        1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                        IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                        1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Well, I assume some use a friends garage as a stage then....

Comment

I have my value at 23k and its $950.
                            sigpic
                            1991 318is S52
                            1987 325i Vert
                            1991 325i
                            2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Well, I assume some use a friends garage as a stage then....

Haha just hope those that do commit fraud don't place a claim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                              '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                              '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

I keep my car in a warehouse, not my garage, and Hagerty's charges a bit extra for that... they say the risk is lower in your own personal garage. Even with that surcharge it is much cheaper than State Farm, and SF did not value my car at $10K.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Working...
                                X