Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RRdrive - beware this scam. Please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRdrive - beware this scam. Please read.

RRdrive responded to my wanted ad with this response:

Originally posted by rrdrive
    Hello,

I have a lead for you.

Please contact Bob on bobgreenlander@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Loretto Tennessee 38469,USA and can arrange shipping. I purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell phone # is (931) 841-9656. You can email him and then ring him...

Sounds like a scam so I emailed. What the heck right?

Hi Ben,

Yes i have Front door panels and rear interior panels for sale .
    They are NEW and never used. I am asking a $400USD for them shipped
    via Priority mail. I will take payment via Western Union or Money
    gram. Whats your shipping address?

Thanks

Bob

At this point it's clearly a scam so beware!

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
    '92 Mtech2 - Alpinweiss/Mtech Cloth
    '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
    '012 Golf TDi DD

Definitely a SCAM!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The obviously broken English was the first tip, along with the fact that he joined the forum about an hour before he PMd me.

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
      '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
      '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

Sent the same to me regarding my WTB for a subframe:

Originally posted by rrdrive
        Hello,

I have a lead for you.

Please contact Bob on bobgreenlander@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Loretto Tennessee 38469,USA and can arrange shipping. I purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell phone # is (931) 841-9656. You can email him and then ring him...

Edit: I see that he's banned already.
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Had this same thing happen here. I hate people that try to get over on others like this. I thought this was only on c. List lol

Comment

That stuff always happens. Did you try to call the number for the hell of it? I had a similar thing on bimmerforums and the scam email was jimramirez3849@gmail.com so add that one to the list too.

Comment

I just got this too

Comment

What a scum bag. I responded and sent him an email with my opinion and clearly he has no desire to respond.

F---k him and his mud hut in Nigeria.

It's so funny but it's the little things that give him away. Even in the PM.

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

Sent one of these guys an email with a picture of the item I wanted, but I used an IP tracker instead of a real picture, and he had clicked on the link twice, one showed an IP located in nigeria, the second one was in California.
                  My theory here is he has 2 computers, one with a proxy setup for nigeria, and perhaps he used his personal computer for trying the link again again, since the ip tracker brings up a generic "cant find page" when the link is clicked.

I took his IP and found his "address", google mapped his address, and emailed him a picture of the property that google maps had led me to, and I never heard from him again.

Comment

^
                    You win.

Comment

:popcorn:
                      Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                      Sent one of these guys an email with a picture of the item I wanted, but I used an IP tracker instead of a real picture, and he had clicked on the link twice, one showed an IP located in nigeria, the second one was in California.
                      My theory here is he has 2 computers, one with a proxy setup for nigeria, and perhaps he used his personal computer for trying the link again again, since the ip tracker brings up a generic "cant find page" when the link is clicked.

I took his IP and found his "address", google mapped his address, and emailed him a picture of the property that google maps had led me to, and I never heard from him again.

:popcorn:

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                        ^
                        you win.
                        +1

Comment

Oh cmon guys please don't think that an IP address means anything at all about someones location other than maybe their town..

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post

You're the man. Nice work.
                            Please western union me $3540 USD and I will make very nice time for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                            '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                            '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

I got one of these too. Seemed a little off so I Google the email and phone number and found nothing which really put me off. Then I found this. I see it's not just me.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                              X