S54 swapped 1989 325i (2 door) for sale TEXAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 swapped 1989 325i (2 door) for sale TEXAS

Well I'm making a big boy decision to sell my pride and joy.

Price drop! 16,500 OBO

Alpine white 1989 325i 2 door with an s54 zf 5 speed.

It's been fun but time to change this particular hobby to a more family friendly one since my son is almost 1 now.

This car is a BLAST needs nothing except a crack free dash and a little paint/body work (no accidents)

I previously worked at a Bmw performance shop and always wanted an s52 e30 after seeing Jordan's white one back in the day after searching for a body and motor plus the right time and money I went through a few e30s to end up with this one.

I bought this car with the factory motor / auto and sent it straight to a mechanic where he did an s52 swap here in Dallas just cause I thought I didn't have the time and he assured me it would take 2 weeks - 2 months.

After 8 months of waiting start to finish I finally had an s52 e30 shortly after my cousin bought one and did had it s50 swapped and then his older brother bought another and a good friend of mine put an s52 in his. The mechanic that did my cousins two swaps is a member here and a very good guy that does very good work.

Now that we had 3 of these cars it really bugged me that 1. I didn't do the swap and 2. I showed them the door to this and my car wasn't anything special next to theirs.

That's when I decided to do an s54 swap. I have a build thread here showing almost everything (I say almost because the closer I got to the finished product the less concerned I was to post pictures)

The title of that thread is wannabe30's s54 swap
    I'll try to find a link as I'm posting this from my phone.

Down to the details.

New rod bearings purchased from dealer

New rod bolts purchased from arp

Reused the zf 5speed from the s52 swap

New s54 z3m flywheel from dealer

New s54 z3m clutch kit purchased from dealer

3.15 lsd rear end

Oil pan/crossmember modification from arc asylum ( I preferred this to keep the dual pickup oil and to keep majority of the pan behind the crossmember )

New Ireland engineering sway bar

New Ireland engineering sway bar relocation kit

New EGR block off plate from vac

New power steering block off plate from rogue engineering

(No power steering no air condition)

Drive by wire throttle

New camshaft position sensor from dealer

New thermostat

Vac temp sensor mount behind thermostat housing

New oil cooler adapter from vac

New oil cooler lines with AN fittings

Re used the factory oil cooler

New solid engine mounts from condor speed shop

New solid trans mounts from condor speed shop

New z3m engine arms from dealer (both sides)

no washers or spacers on engine mounts or arms or modified frame

Treehouse(I think) lollipops

Massive booster delete kit

New fuel filter from the dealer

New fuel pump from deatschwerks fuel pump

Stock radiator (had plans to go with mishimoto) but never over heats

"Push style" fan with switch

New afe intake elbow and cone filter

Headers top speed eBay headers that were horrible fit so I had brad and Jeff at spec motorsport north of Dallas remove them and re bend all the flanges since they had a spare s54 out on a stand before making their dual pipe exhaust out to a magnaflow muffler in back

Factory computer from the matching motor/car all tuning done by Christopher at NTXCoding such as ews delete , some emissions deletes for the headers and get block off plate,his custom tune for s54

Power windows work

Rear Pop outs work

Sunroof is manual and works

Key and door locks work as well as trunk lock all with same key

Cosmetically the car is all stock except for added sport seats with new black vinyl and Mtech steering wheel of corse IS front lip spoiler and a short stubby antenna

H and r sport springs with bilstein sport shocks all done since I've owned the car e90 drop caps purchased new from the dealer

The wheels are currently esm 002r 16x8 front and 16x9 rear no spacers no rings perfect fit all straight no bends or wobbles.

I am an idiot tho one of the fronts has Damage on the lip from getting brake fluid in it and not realizing it.

Everything I have for this car will go with it like the bike rack it is functional I use it it's not for looks. Yakima I have an extra alpine white front fender because the clear is gone from the one on the car

Extra set of basket weaves 14" painted tires are ok on two or three of them

Are 245s that grab pretty good but visually I liked the look of 225s better. After this engine I was experimenting with more rubber.

Keep in mind the body is not perfect and I will post a close up of everything I noticed on the car

These are all pictures from my phone so I apologize about quality

Please keep in mind even though this car was not my daily it could have been and I love driving this car so most of these pictures the car is not shiny clean and washed

Me and my 2 cousins cars

I can post videos or pictures of anything if anyone needs more

Price is 18k OBO clean and clear Texas title in miy name
    PRICE DROP 16,500 OBO

No test drives without cash in hand but if you'd like to take a spin let me know

Text is best 469.867.1937

Keep in mind If im too high just make an offer of I'm to low I take tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WannaBe30; 06-19-2015, 05:32 AM.

I forgot to mention I have the power steering pump and ac compressor fr the s54 if you want to add these on in the future

Comment

Damn man, you're making me come out of retirement to post here. :p
      Sorry to see you have to let her go man.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Thanks for the credit man. Lol. Hate to see this one go.

I can vouch for the OP if it means anything. This car is SOLID! The quietest and smoothest S54 I've driven. The power is awesome and the tuner is well know here in Dallas. Straight up honest family man.

Comment

Nice, I'm shopping and its out of my price range but DAMN that's nice
          '91 318is, S50 swap, Bilsteing/H&R race, Recaro SRD, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
            The power is awesome and the tuner is well know here in Dallas. Straight up honest family man.
            Surely you're not referring to Chris as being straight or a family man? :rofl:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Thanks teagur

It's sad to sell but opens the door for other good things

Comment

The price is OBO

Comment

Wow... Great car! I too am currently in the market but this is out of my price range.. just a question though as im sure it'll help potential buyers but has there been any Vanos prevention things done? Also what car is the s54 motor from? iirc certain years had rod bearing issues and there was a recall for this.. Anyways GLWS OP!
                  Searching for my e30
                  WTB : 89-91 325is

Current : 08 Accord w/ SRI & Throttle Controller

Comment

Looks like he replaced the rod bearings, so shouldn't be an issue.

GLWS!
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

loll thats my fault the first line lists "new rod bearings" and on top of that there was picture of them
                      Searching for my e30
                      WTB : 89-91 325is

Current : 08 Accord w/ SRI & Throttle Controller

Comment

Whaaaaaaa!?! Whyyyyyy!?! you put so much love and work into this car, but I understand man, priorities! sucks to let it go tho, you will live to regret this bud :)

The price is about right, what ppl don't realize is how much money was actually spent on upon completion. It's not just the motor and trans that makes this swap happen. GLWS man new owner will be very happy with this.
                        sigpic
                        E30love

Comment

Its funny that you put this up today because I put mine up locally a couple days ago just for the hell of it, just to see if anyone would bite.
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I forgot to mention that the the harness adapter was done by Andrew and as you should know his work is top notch. All connectors were new Bmw connectors

Honestly I don't NEED to sell this car I just would like to move the concentration to a more family friendly hobby.

Nick even though you're not interested I will answer your questions and anyone else's for that matter

The rod bearings were done. I did them because the oil pan was off and I didn't know the exact mileage. The oil pan gasket is also new from dealer no rubber gasket and no silicone gasket

I didn't do the vanos because all seemed to be fine when the engine was apart and still has no vanos noise.

I had a lot of plans for this car such as cams and would have rebuild the vanos at that time or eliminate them. I like to simplify motors obviously ( no power steering and no a/c). Even though those things will come with the sale

Also as stated above the car was a late 01 e46 which was one of the early model s54 another reason why I did the rod bearings. Even tho Bmw says you can re use the rod bolts I still opted for new arp because of mixed opinions on re using the bolts. (Safe route oem rod bearings but arp rod bolts )

This car ha seriously been fun and if I don't sell it, it won't hurt my feelings but don't let that scare anyone from making a reasonable offer I am a motivated seller.

Comment

Great looking car.
                              By all accounts it sounds to be a great car.
                              Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X