No announcement yet.

DS 1991 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. At least a trans should be easier for you to find out there.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i've got a smallcase dogleg kicking around
      Last edited by kronus; 11-29-2016, 01:18 PM.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Sorry. At least a trans should be easier for you to find out there.
        Originally posted by kronus View Post
        i've got a smallcase dogleg kicking around
        I've got a spare trans and clutch kit that is going in tomorrow. Today the car is off for full pressure wash/steam clean of the engine bay and undercarriage. That should clean things up a bit and make the swap easier.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          Today the car is off for full pressure wash/steam clean of the engine bay and undercarriage. That should clean things up a bit and make the swap easier.
          I've noticed this little tidbit seems to be one of your "things" you do in almost all of your build threads.

Roughly what does a steam clean cost for undercarriage/engine bay?

I've always wanted to take Linda and Heidi to get their undersides steamy cleany'd.
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
            I've noticed this little tidbit seems to be one of your "things" you do in almost all of your build threads.

I've always wanted to take Linda and Heidi to get their undersides steamy cleany'd.
            To build on that- do you take your cars to a place that exists specifically to steam clean cars?

Also, what are your thoughts on Fantastic Beasts? Might take the wife to see it this weekend.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

Yep, I have it done to every car I buy and rehab. It's the best thing you can do to a car aside from actually fixing things. Removing years of caked on grease and dirty is such a nice feeling. You can remove parts and your hands or gloves aren't as bad as they could be.

I have a place that is tried and true here in Costa Mesa, Ca, and they charge $200 for the full undercarriage and engine bay. They will do the wheels (inner and outer) as well as wheel wells for an additional $100.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              To build on that- do you take your cars to a place that exists specifically to steam clean cars?

Also, what are your thoughts on Fantastic Beasts? Might take the wife to see it this weekend.
              No, the place I go to provides the service but they are primarily a detail and restoration shop. The steam clean service is just a bonus. A huge one.

I wasn't super crazy on fantastic beast. I think I need to see more movies before I can make a decision. The lead actor is almost timid, the lead actress gets on my nerves, and not in the same way Hermoine did. Hermoine became likable and then lovable and then I basically wanted to marry her. The lead actress in Fantastic Beasts is just annoying and never wants to break rules.

But I think that I'll come around as the characters begin to develop.
              Grindenwald is going to be a bad ass. I already know it.

Oh yeah, I replaced the clutch and trans last night. Everything is buttery smooth now.
              Suspension is beyond blown. And the shakes are still present even after wheel balancing yesterday. I think i will need control arms, bushings, and tires to help stop the major shaking around 55-70mph. And shocks, and springs, and RSMs, and and and.

F
              sigpic

Comment

is the steam clean place called doctor detail?
                2011 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                  is the steam clean place called doctor detail?
                  2011 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
                  Yep.

There is a cheaper spot close by and they will do it for $98 for the same service. Only thing is I've never seen their work. Last time I tried, their steam clean pressure washer was down.

Could be a great alternative, especially for half the price. Advanced Auto Care also in Costa Mesa.
                  sigpic

Comment

requesting pics of shiny nether regions
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      requesting pics of shiny nether regions
                      I didn't take photos! But it's ok under there.

Finished the trans swap yesterday in about 4 hours. Fresh clutch and good trans makes things nice again.

I did a little buffing today. The car looks good in photos.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        Are you speaking in regards to the elder wand.

Yes. I've been trying to figure out his involvement with the elder wand. I was also curious if he was reason for the cloak of invisibility

Comment

Hey Phreshkid, very nice! My son totaled my 318is (also a DS car) and I have a ton of parts. Hit me up, maybe I we can arrange a trade for 2002 parts?
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                            Yes. I've been trying to figure out his involvement with the elder wand. I was also curious if he was reason for the cloak of invisibility
                            According to "The Tale of The Three Brothers", the cloak was created for one of the three, who then gives it to his son at the time of his death.

Do you think Grindenwald has something to do with the brothers, or even the offspring of the brothers?

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                            Hey Phreshkid, very nice! My son totaled my 318is (also a DS car) and I have a ton of parts. Hit me up, maybe I we can arrange a trade for 2002 parts?
                            I like that! Any LSD units available? What else do you have?

We should move this conversation to text or email. PMing you now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Neither the Wife or I were that into Fantastic Beasts after having seen it this weekend. You are right though, Grindenwald should be pretty awesome.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                Neither the Wife or I were that into Fantastic Beasts after having seen it this weekend. You are right though, Grindenwald should be pretty awesome.
                                To be perfectly honest with you, I didn't care for it either. The main chick pissed me off and kept trying to fuck over Newt Skamander, who was only ever courteous and respectful on all occasions. She was the definition of a total c*nt, and she simply didn't need to be.

The movie needed more character development. I'm not convinced yet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X