No announcement yet.

Let's see your scale models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't setup my car models since I moved, but here are a few Gundam models from when the show was good (80s and 90s). I haven't built a new model in a year or so.

Comment

Let's see your scale models.

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      I haven't setup my car models since I moved, but here are a few Gundam models from when the show was good (80s and 90s). I haven't built a new model in a year or so.

These last two models i built. Are the first ones I have done in over 10 years.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The Jager car turned out good! I need to try some Tamiya paint.

As good as those Gundam figures look. I think you'll be fine with building a car.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Since i'm at a computer, i'll post up a few of my recently finished models.

First the AMX

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

And the two Hot Rods I've been fiddling with for the past few years. The black one is built from spare parts.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Man i wish i had spare parts like that. "Patiently" waiting for my bt50 to show tomorrow.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I like the chameleon steering wheel hahaha
                Did you paint it with nail polish? Cheap-as way to get those funky colors (dollar store nail polish) and test colors on models before finalizing it, since it can be washed off with removers that often aren't acetone and won't destroy the model underneath.

And for the seats in the green Javelin, did you flock them? I never thought about adding material to the seats, that's a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Man i wish i had spare parts like that.
                  When you have built as many as Jason I'm sure you would have a huge pile of spare stuff. Roughly how many is that now Jason?
                  sigpic
                  1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Thats badass Jason ! Yeah it does help to have spare parts to kit bash. I still have parts from back in the mid 80's when i was 15/16 years old and up till recently too.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I'm the same as QUKBMER, but my stuff goes back to the mid 90s for the most part. Sadly I did lose part of my collection when I moved 14 years ago. No a clue to where it went...

The steering wheel is nail polish. It's a high flake but the camera has problems capturing it lol.

The seats in the AMX are just dollar store flat black rubbed with a dryer sheet to give a little more character. But I did use flocking for carpet.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                        I'm the same as QUKBMER, but my stuff goes back to the mid 90s for the most part. Sadly I did lose part of my collection when I moved 14 years ago. No a clue to where it went...

The steering wheel is nail polish. It's a high flake but the camera has problems capturing it lol.

The seats in the AMX are just dollar store flat black rubbed with a dryer sheet to give a little more character. But I did use flocking for carpet.

I will get to that point eventually. Being out of hobby for a decade didn't help. Will be nice to have a stock pile so i don't have to wait on next to arrive and can build cars from spare parts.

Anyways. After getting let down by usps Saturday (big surprise) my bt50 didnt show. So this morning on my way home i stopped by and picked it up before my carrier went out for the day. Been messing with it off an on through the day and got the m12/13 built it wasnt the easiest to build

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Nice! Really cool engine model

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            Nice! Really cool engine model

One of the coolest Ive seen. Cant wait to build the m30 for my 635csi when it arrives.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Looks good :up:

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Nice work !!!!
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X