Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    lol ^ needy
    theres a M20B32 being sold locally... Im trying to resist because I want a 2.8... and I need Bens help with containing my excitement
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      theres a M20B32 being sold locally... Im trying to resist because I want a 2.8... and I need Bens help with containing my excitement
      I saw that. You should buy it. It'd be going in a sedan. Sedans need torque.
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Idk man, he builds the 3.2 but he can't seem to remove the yellow stuff off the intake manifold. I think you could do better yourself ;D

I'm putting in my new dash in today. I'm also picking up some parts this weekend... a bavrest M30 AFM and the full stock 325i exhaust. Also picking up some style 42's for the E36.

My plan is to have an entire stock exhaust at the ready for smog just in case... so I can do whatever I want with my real exhaust ;)

Worked out the long tube headers at the exhaust shop. The whole swapping headers for smog thing wasn't going to work. To redo my exhaust with the long tubes the right way, they wanted over $800. So what I'm going to do is put in the long tubes myself, then the cutting welding mounting and bending will be $500 from them. I can swallow the $500 easier than I can the $800 haha.

The question is... tow it to the exhaust shop, or drive it VERY loudly. lmao
        '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
        1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by betz View Post

The question is... tow it to the exhaust shop, or drive it VERY loudly. lmao
          drive it of course. its the right thing to do because it will force you to drive fast
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

New dash in

Build thread

Other cars:
            2000 Porsche Boxster
            1972 Porsche 914

Comment

New dash in
              New or "new"

I only want to swap dashes once, so once my "new" one is ready, thats when I will swap...

How long did it take you to get to this point? Ive heard many difference time estimates
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

dash swap is a true labor of love move.
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

"new" dash. No it's not the NLA $1000+ dollar one. Going to baby this dash with 303 protectant and my fancy BMW sunshade.

It took me about 3 hrs to disconnect everything carefully, an hour for me and my friend Bruce to yank out the dash (Bruce is stupidly strong tho) , 15 mins to VIN swap, about two hours to carefully put it in (with much struggle), and then waaaay longer than it needed to be to bolt it into place because I couldn't figure out which bolt was the right one (it's the gold bolt with the fine threads).

My car is pretty much still at that point tho cus it's hot in the garage and I was was busy yesterday drinking beer and eating burgers.

It seems like the "reverse of removal" part will take much longer than the removal though. I'm also doing up my stereo and euro clock while I'm at it.

Oh and I got that Bavrest M30 AFM.

Build thread

Other cars:
                  2000 Porsche Boxster
                  1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Alright!!

Build thread

Other cars:
                    2000 Porsche Boxster
                    1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Always hated those "cool build", "awesome" type posts, but have to say, nice job on the car buddy. Been hanging around these parts for a minute, just usually don't say much lol, but I would drive the snot out of your car. :)
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Always hated those "cool build", "awesome" type posts, but have to say, nice job on the car buddy. Been hanging around these parts for a minute, just usually don't say much lol, but I would drive the snot out of your car. :)
                        Thanks for the compliments
                        I have seen your posts around actually. I mean, I didn't do this all by myself.. I had all this information available on r3v and other sites. Which wouldn't exist without discussions from knowledgeable people. So thanks!

And don't worry I'ma drive the piss out of it
                        except now I need to bring a sunshade

Build thread

Other cars:
                        2000 Porsche Boxster
                        1972 Porsche 914

Comment

so how did the BavRest AFM work out? Did it fix your dead spots?
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                            so how did the BavRest AFM work out? Did it fix your dead spots?
                            The dead spots were fixed when I swapped back to the M20 AFM. But the M20 AFMs I have all have shitty idle when starting and bad throttle response at times.

Also, I'm not sure if any of my tunes are actually for the M20 AFM with my injectors. But I definitely know that I have one for the M30 AFM.

The Bavrest AFM fixed my idle, and the throttle response seems much better. It also hasn't hesitated at all except when the ECU is still learning. Took it past 5k a few times.

Definitely a good purchase. It'll hold me, for a bit.

Build thread

Other cars:
                            2000 Porsche Boxster
                            1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Wow crack free dash!
                              IG: Dhithim
                              2015 Subaru BRZ 380whp
                              My '87 Project
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382462

Comment

Definitely a good purchase. It'll hold me, for a bit.
                                how are we feeling about ITB's? :devil: :devil: :devil:
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X