Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325iC - 5 Speed - Euro Bumpers

Sold Sold Sold Sold

Selling my 1987 BMW 325i e30 Convertible. I purchased this car from the second owner in original shape several months ago and have gone through the car from head to tails.

Basics:
    '87 325i Convertible
    5-speed from the factory
    116,500 ish miles on a broken odometer. I gather the car has about 165k on it by now
    Original Beverly Hills car with "Sunset" License plates.
    Most records since new.

Exterior:
    I have swapped a set of European bumpers with the appropriate 86-87 style European front valence. The bumpers have been painted black and look great, valence is color matched. I painted the fog light blanks black but have more color matched paint if you'd like them silver. The early-early cars had black fog light blanks and I always liked the look. To finish the euro-conversion the car also has a set of oem euro grills and Bosch "Euro-Smileys" headlights.
    All original paint, never in an accident. Paint shines up well but has light fading on the sides (see below side trim behind the doors on the pics). There are some dings, the largest being on the driver fender. which can be addressed by paint-less dent removal, I just haven't had the time.
    Lastly the car received a brand new black Twillfast (same as new BMWs, not the cheap Stayfast stuff) convertible top with new tensioning straps. Rear window is crystal clear and the top fits perfectly. Rear convertible top lid struts replaced as well.

Interior:
    I re-upholstered the interior in cardinal red Italian leather (not vinyl!) and installed seat heaters (with factory harness and switches). It has the original crack-free dash with the very rare wood-grain trim and cassette holder. I installed a period-correct Blaupunkt CD player which has AUX in for bluetooth/iphone integration. The factory amp was bypassed and everything works as it should including the antenna.

Mechanical:
    A/C has been completely converted over to R134a using new o-rings, a new parallel flow condenser, r134a specific TXV, Drier, Pressure Switch , flushed lines and new pag oil. It was put on vacuum for 30+ minutes, sat over night to ensure no leaks and charged with r134a. It blows around 35 degree Fahrenheit from the vents.

Engine has a new timing belt, water pump, acc belts, valve adjustment, oil change (Liquimoly), spark plugs and all new filters (air/oil/fuel).

Clutch was replaced by the previous owner including all hydraulics.

Driveline received a new center support bearing, guibo, transmission oil (Redline MTL) and transmission mounts

Suspension was refreshed using Bilstein Sport shocks, H&R cabrio-specific lowering springs, Powerflex Poly e36 M3 offset control arm bushings. Ball joints were in serviceable shape as they had previously been addressed.

Steering was upgraded with a 96+ E36 M3 steering rack that was completely resealed and installed with the adapter kit to provide considerably quicker steering (3.2 turns lock to lock). Car received a 4-wheel alignment afterwards.

Brakes: All new textar pads and rotors along with new ATE TYP200 brake fluid.

Wheels: 15x7 Style 10 "technocast" wheels with 205/50R15 Falken Azenis tires which are a few weeks old.

I've worked incredibly hard to make this car look, drive and feel like it came off the lot. There are still some smaller issues that should be addressed which are the odometer gears and the dings I mentioned. I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

Selling because I've been playing with my Volvo instead. (don't judge, it's an "R" :))

$8500 in Los Angeles.

Sold Sold Sold Sold
    Last edited by Julien; 06-27-2018, 08:34 PM.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Originally posted by Julien View Post
    I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.

Im glad I was lazy and you picked me up in the car... this is a definite head turner that is about as good as a E30 vert can get OEM+++
    Last edited by 2mAn; 06-20-2018, 09:35 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well that was quick
      sigpic

Comment

Dang it bobby
        cars beep boop

Comment

NO. How am I supposed to follow one of your build threads when you keep selling all of your E30's? GLWS.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Already?! Interested in selling the extra rear window cover?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              Already?! Interested in selling the extra rear window cover?
              Yep, YGPM

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
              NO. How am I supposed to follow one of your build threads when you keep selling all of your E30's? GLWS.
              Haha, it's not sold yet.. and if it does you know i'll get another :)

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              Dang it bobby
              I think I'm winning the bet of selling the vert before you get white car going :D

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              Well that was quick
              Yeah I like the fixing them up part. I buy them, go all out fixing them and sell them to recoup my money. Not getting rich on this

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              *giantimage.jpg*

Im glad I was lazy and you picked me up in the car... this is a definite head turner that is about as good as a E30 vert can get OEM+++
              thanks man, it will forever live with your premium speaker in the front kick panel and Kronus' wheels/steering rack. ;)
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Hey Julien are these the bumpers I sold to you a while ago? they look great on the car!

Regards,

Chris

BMW Parts Shipped Worldwide

Comment

The deck lid struts I sold him add 8hp
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I hate it when I have to read an essay and still cannot find the asking price. Or am I just being blind again?
                    Last edited by Thunderzol; 06-26-2018, 02:18 PM. Reason: Autocorrect messed it up

Comment

very last line of the first post. in bold letters.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Just bought this car! I've been REALLY looking for a replacement E30 after selling my Alpine White coupe ~1 year ago. This one fit the bill :)

Julien is an awesome guy and a great person to deal with. He's by far the most knowledgeable E30 owner I've met. The man radiates a passion for these vehicles, you can just feel his enthusiasm when talking about Betty.

I'm really satisfied with my purchase and excited to enjoy the vert in the California sunshine

Comment

As much as I love our cars, when I think of all the people I know who are into e30s I have to say I love this community and how it just keeps evolving just as much.

I bought an interior from a forum member in Charlotte about 6 years ago. As is often the case we stayed in contact and when I found a set of BBS wheels I wanted on a VW forum I remembered that he had a GTI. Turns out he wasn't a member of that forum but had a friend who was. That friend passed the sellers info to me...and that friend was Julien.

First time we met he brought an IX he had just done up...he actually repainted it in his underground and after wet sanding it looked amazing....but I'll always remember him pulling up in a turbo Miata. Ever see someone 6'8" get in or out of one of those !!

Congrats to buyer and seller on this deal.... and the show goes on :)
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Great find, nice car.
                            1988 325iC SOLD
                            1985 524td 49k

Comment

Working...
                            X