• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Hough - Stoneham, Ma
    Production date: 5/25/1991
    S771 in SS with factory manual
    VIN: ec04988

I picked this up 2 weeks ago with 89k miles. It is incredibly original and a lot cleaner underneath than I had anticipated. Every vin tag is there (have not pulled the rear bumper or looked under the hood insulation yet). It needs/needed a lot of maintenance work (timing belt, diff replacement, shocks, steering rack, radiator, and some other bushings up front). It needs some paintless dent removal work as well. I will get it back to showroom condition over a year or two.

I just wrapped up oil change, trans fluid change, diff fluid change, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, radiator, hoses, fan clutch, drive belts, cap/rotor. I bought an LSD 3.73 today that I need to pretty up and install. I have some freshly restored euro weaves with new tires mounted, euro grills, rear plate filler, map light mirror, ready to go on. My buddy also owns a paint-less dent removal company so dents will start to be addressed soon. A lot to do here but, I plan on keeping this one forever.

Comment

EC29546 white on white Florida bought in Gainsville
      Automatic
      Appearance car
      1992 White BMW Appearance Package 325i Convertible

St. Augustine, Florida

Comment

While a noobie to the E30 community, I'm not a noobie to BMW's. I've owned several over the past 25 years and just picked up this beauty:

Production date: 6/7/91
        S771A - automatic
        EC26988

I'm clear on the differences between the "luxury equipment" and "appearance package" options. What I'm still a bit unclear about is the difference between an MTech 1 and an MTech 2? There's a ton of info out there on the ole interweb, but there's a bit of conflict with some of it. Anywho, I'm glad to be here!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
          What I'm still a bit unclear about is the difference between an MTech 1 and an MTech 2? There's a ton of info out there on the ole interweb, but there's a bit of conflict with some of it. Anywho, I'm glad to be here!
          MT1 were the early e30's that had metal bumpers. The kit requires the Euro small chrome bumpers to be fitted.

MT2 were the late e30's and were fitted on to the plastic bumper cars.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
            MT1 were the early e30's that had metal bumpers. The kit requires the Euro small chrome bumpers to be fitted.

MT2 were the late e30's and were fitted on to the plastic bumper cars.

Thanks Reichart for clarifying that for me. Sounds like that makes mine an MT2 I guess? Do you know what year models "early" and "late" applies to? Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Check this out...

87 is the last of the early. 88 is a transition year but has always been considered first year of the late.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                Check this out...

87 is the last of the early. 88 is a transition year but has always been considered first year of the late.

Thanks Reichart...that was a big help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

While a noobie to the E30 community, I'm not a noobie to BMW's. I've owned several over the past 25 years and just picked up this beauty:

Production date: 6/7/91
                  S771A - automatic
                  EC26988

I'm clear on the differences between the "luxury equipment" and "appearance package" options. What I'm still a bit unclear about is the difference between an MTech 1 and an MTech 2? There's a ton of info out there on the ole interweb, but there's a bit of conflict with some of it. Anywho, I'm glad to be here!
                  I almost bought this car days before my silver one popped up on bring a trailer. It was for sale for about 2 years until the market caught up with his price. I always wondered why the motor parts were painted red. IE, why was the motor apart to begin with. Did you ever confirm the vin numbers for the front end matched? He said it was all repainted up there but never would confirm vin numbers beyond the hood not matching. How much did he end up letting it go for? It is a very nice car. Excellent pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
                    I almost bought this car days before my silver one popped up on bring a trailer. It was for sale for about 2 years until the market caught up with his price. I always wondered why the motor parts were painted red. IE, why was the motor apart to begin with. Did you ever confirm the vin numbers for the front end matched? He said it was all repainted up there but never would confirm vin numbers beyond the hood not matching. How much did he end up letting it go for? It is a very nice car. Excellent pick up.

Thanks for the compliment (and the history) NeverEnough. Guess you can "never have enough" history on a used car you've bought (see what I did there?) LOL!

I saw the one you got on BaT last month. That's also a very good car. Great example of the MTech 2 model with relatively low mileage. Nice buy!

As for the valve cover and intake being painted red, I also wondered about that when considering the purchase. I guess it was just a previous owner's choice. The pre-purchase inspection I had done on the car before I bought it didn't reveal anything unexpected for a 27 year old car. And I kind of like it (although it isn't original).

I also confirmed it had been re-painted in front but from what I can ascertain, it was mainly for bug/stone chips. Thankfully, the match is nearly perfect (IMHO) and the VIN numbers beyond the hood do match. I offered the seller his asking price because I really wanted the car and plan to keep it for a long, long time. My blood runs (BMW) black and blue, so this one's definitely a keeper!

Thanks again...

Comment

Thanks for the compliment (and the history) NeverEnough. Guess you can "never have enough" history on a used car you've bought (see what I did there?) LOL!

I saw the one you got on BaT last month. That's also a very good car. Great example of the MTech 2 model with relatively low mileage. Nice buy!

As for the valve cover and intake being painted red, I also wondered about that when considering the purchase. I guess it was just a previous owner's choice. The pre-purchase inspection I had done on the car before I bought it didn't reveal anything unexpected for a 27 year old car. And I kind of like it (although it isn't original).

I also confirmed it had been re-painted in front but from what I can ascertain, it was mainly for bug/stone chips. Thankfully, the match is nearly perfect (IMHO) and the VIN numbers beyond the hood do match. I offered the seller his asking price because I really wanted the car and plan to keep it for a long, long time. My blood runs (BMW) black and blue, so this one's definitely a keeper!

Thanks again...
                      Good to hear it went to a great home! His asking price looked good after the red one with 129k sold for $24.5k a week before mine. Where are you located?

Comment

Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
                        Good to hear it went to a great home! His asking price looked good after the red one with 129k sold for $24.5k a week before mine. Where are you located?

Yeah, I saw that red one that sold on BaT also. Unbelievable! I had been looking for an E30 vert for quite some time but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for until this one dropped in my lap (so to speak).

I live in Columbia, SC. And believe it or not, a friend of mine here in town also owns an MTech 2 just like mine (only his has twice the mileage). We're planning a "mirror image" photo shoot soon as my detail guy gets done with his...
                        Last edited by Uber///m3; 11-09-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Post the results here!

Comment

can someone please look this one up?
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              can someone please look this one up?
                              Here's what I found on it from a quick vin decoder.
                              Attached Files
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

so its not a 770 car?
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X