Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325i rear ended on passenger side how to go about fixing it

Fixed and turned out nicely.
    Last edited by R1ckM; 12-13-2018, 09:15 PM.

that will cost thousands to fix. Prob totaled depending how the car was insured.
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I skipped that same car because the damage was too much. Shame, cause it was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
        I skipped that same car because the damage was too much. Shame, cause it was nice.
        Yeah it is, so clean all over. I have the engine torn down and the head off right now. Going to get it back up and running soon as I get the head cleaned and checked if its warped or not.

Its not that bad after getting a better look imo. It looks like they hit it from an angle off center to the right. Not sure whats going on with the rear quarter panel though. The trunk and bumper will need to be pulled and re-enforced somehow. I have parts car with another trunk, rear quarter, subframe, etc... If needed.
        I ended up dropping $1000 to the seller on it, i'll have another $400 into the engine once its fixed.

For now I just need to get it running right, then work out the body details. Was hoping someone local could help me out and I could do most the work.

I'm surprised i'll be the 4th owner and its only got a little over 100k original miles.
        Last edited by R1ckM; 06-29-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
          that will cost thousands to fix. Prob totaled depending how the car was insured.
          Wasn't a total loss or salvaged. Just needs a new head gasket and that rear section fixed up. I'm sure it'll cost a bit to fix, i'm working on networking to get friend of a friend or just a enthusiast to help me out with the body work hopefully.

Comment

If you can get a body guy looking for work on the side this could be a sweet score. Good luck and lets see after pics!

Comment

Working...
            X