Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basic information Please!!!

Hello!

I've sold my 05 STI and I'm looking for more information on the E30s. The only one in my area I can find is an 86 325e, and I was wondering if I should just wait to buy a 325i? What are the differences? Are E30s expensive to modify? Is there a large aftermarket for these cars? Reliability etc...

I'm not looking for an all out track car, just a fast daily honestly. Is 350-400 reliable horse attainable? I've also never used a forum before so if there is a better place to ask questions or read all of this information elsewhere, please point me in the right direction. Alright thanks guys in advance!

you could just google this shit bro

You're gonna get a lot of backlash asking these basic questions, because they've been answered time and time again.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Acboni13 View Post
      Hello!

I've sold my 05 STI and I'm looking for more information on the E30s. The only one in my area I can find is an 86 325e, and I was wondering if I should just wait to buy a 325i? What are the differences? Are E30s expensive to modify? Is there a large aftermarket for these cars? Reliability etc...

I'm not looking for an all out track car, just a fast daily honestly. Is 350-400 reliable horse attainable? I've also never used a forum before so if there is a better place to ask questions or read all of this information elsewhere, please point me in the right direction. Alright thanks guys in advance!
      R3V Facebook is the best source for answers to your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
        R3V Facebook is the best source for answers to your questions.
        Dope thanks man I'll definitely look into that

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          you could just google this shit bro

You're gonna get a lot of backlash asking these basic questions, because they've been answered time and time again.
          Could.

Or I could use the forum for its intended purpose and obtain information from people with sources such as Johnny above me. Thanks though.

Comment

lol
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

147 posts...?

Comment

I'm not looking for an all out track car, just a fast daily honestly. Is 350-400 reliable horse attainable?
                If this is what you want in a daily then don't waste your time with an e30, start with an e36. Why is a horsepower figure so important to people anyway? 300hp can feel lightning fast in one car and "average" in another.
                My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                  If this is what you want in a daily then don't waste your time with an e30, start with an e36. Why is a horsepower figure so important to people anyway? 300hp can feel lightning fast in one car and "average" in another.
                  Honestly I want an E30 because I love the look!

Comment

300hp is boat loads in an e30. Please do some more reading around this site/other e30 specific sites before asking questions that have been answered countless times before.
                    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

To be honest, and im sure others will dissagree but even whatever horsepower my standard rebuilt m20b23 has i think is plenty to have fun in the e30. which is what, maybe 120hp at the wheels?

E30 is a very light car, 300-400hp must be basically undriveable at anything more than half throttle. Though I'm sure sticky tyres can help.

Comment

Honestly I want an E30 because I love the look!
                        Then just buy that 325e. Do all the basic maintenance and see how you like it. I've driven both and personally I like the 2.7 with its torque and longer gearing, great for daily driving and makes for a nice first-second gear autox machine. The greater rev range and power band of the 325i is obviously more satisfying but it has shorter gearing. I drove a [modded] eta for so many years that I came to appreciate what it could do, so when i started driving my 325i I was expecting something more exciting but honestly it was kind of a let down. E30s aren't slow cars but they feel like they're working harder compared to my e36 328is that effortlessly blows them away. If you like the e30 styling but are coming from a larger modern car, then consider e28s or e34s with the m30. Similar styling, solid, more roomy (e30s are tiny), and engines that still pack a punch.
                        My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
                          147 posts...?

And yet, his advice was solid!

t

now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Sorry!,I misread ,I thought the 147 posts was the O.P.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                              TROOF!
                              My IS350 cranks out 306hp from factory and is a total snoozefest compared to my all-stock 325is with 168hp.

If I wanna be a hooligan, and have fun driving it's my 325is! If I want comfort and speed with no drama/excitement, it's IS350 :nice:
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X