No Start After Fuel Fire. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Start After Fuel Fire. Help

Hello, I have a turbo’d e30 that I bought running and driving. While testing its limits I found out it shoots flames which hence caused the fire. The fire burned the battery and wires around it. The fire department came and put it out ( water was everywhere in the car, maybe ecu shorted?) did not start after fire. the relay that connects to the battery next to the main power wire was burned and then replaced with a new one along with new battery and main power wire. Also new distributor, wires and plugs. It ran after the replacements for about 5 or so minutes and then cut out and has not started since. it gets fuel air and half spark. Only 3 of the plugs get spark and I am stumped at what to do next.
    Any ideas will be helpful thank you.
    Attached Files

part out this one and buy another one.
    sorry for the loss.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      part out this one and buy another one.
      sorry for the loss.
      No Debbie downers on this side. That’s just a battle scar. If it’s wiring then that can be re done. I’m looking more for anyone that knows if there is main ecu wiring near the tank that could’ve been burned or is it just the power and main relay wires that ran to the battery. Because other than that nothing was really burned because the interior was all stripped only had bucket seats and harnesses and luckily those were not harmed.

Comment

Time to acquaint yourself with the Bentley manual and to get good at reading wiring diagrams.

Bust out that volt meter and start tracing things.

Fire is nasty, Good luck.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
        X