X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Mt. Airy recently?
    Reminiscing...

Comment

i was thinking about going there this week if i have the cash.

Comment

always call texasterp before heading to the yard. Magic happens when he goes with you.

I post his number, but I dont want him to get spammed.

Comment

I was out at Jessup today. The e30s that were picked over in previous posts look like skin and bones. I was able to get a nice check panel for $6.
          1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
          1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
          1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

So nothing good?

Comment

Basically.
              1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
              1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
              1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

Im going to try and hit it tomorrow. I hope for some new stock. Or even something for my buddy's A8. It is only a buck, WTF.

Comment

either post up or pm me what is out there, or take pics. i want to head up that way but it is around an hour and a half from here...

Comment

I went yesterday. Hoping some parts would swap over I focused on two E28s.

Same two gray E30s 2 doors that are practically just taking up space. I am not sure if there is anything left on them. One has an MTech steering wheel that is locked by the ignition and is beat up anyhow, not worth repairing I would say.

Not much else. Aside from those E28s, the BMW selection was weak and what was there was picked over...

I scored a glovebox interior roof/headliner piece in good shape to replace mine which is wrapped in duct tape, some rivets for the hood insulation for when I redye mine, a check panel (w/ 02 sensor...e28 thing?, trying to troubleshoot my check panel) and a sweet warning triangle out of a Mercedes 6.9. I think the 6.9 was just a badge though as my Wiki research shows the engine didn't quite match up. Bad ass, vintage piece though.

I think I will start taking photos of what is there. Try and save each other some trips. I know the stuff changes often but a good way to look out for one another.
                    Last edited by CabrioPunk; 12-01-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

that's a good idea. i am going to take a trip to mt airy soon and will do the same when i go.

Comment

Amazing luck today.

Clean, clean clean 325is with cardinal interior just untouched. Grabbed an MTech1, black door pulls and was about to take the wheels. It has 15" weaves with BBS hex caps. Had an IS front lip spoiler taken while I was there. I wanted the shift knob but was fouled up. Really nice car. Then an 85 5er gets dropped off right behind me. The tires on it are brand new!

Beat up, picked over bronzit 325iC. Same 2dr in the back that needs to go. Many other model BMWs, too.

Grabbed MTech wheel, door pulls w pockets, nearly new hood roundel. $31!

Comment

Originally posted by cabriopunk View Post
                          amazing luck today.

Clean, clean clean 325is with cardinal interior just untouched. Grabbed an mtech1, black door pulls and was about to take the wheels. It has 15" weaves with bbs hex caps. Had an is front lip spoiler taken while i was there. I wanted the shift knob but was fouled up. Really nice car. Then an 85 5er gets dropped off right behind me. The tires on it are brand new!

Beat up, picked over bronzit 325ic. Same 2dr in the back that needs to go. Many other model bmws, too.

Grabbed mtech wheel, door pulls w pockets, nearly new hood roundel. $31!
                          nice score
                          BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Im going to try to run up there today. ANyone looking for anything in particular?
                            84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by whitewatermd View Post
                              Im going to try to run up there today. ANyone looking for anything in particular?

Gonna be nasty in that yard!Wear some fishing boots to your knees !lol
                              BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

I know, but i really need a window motor. It sucks when you cant smoke while your driving...
                                84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Working...
                                X