-1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
        Sounds great. Must be a blast.
        My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
        http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Yes it's a blast alright, took a friend for a drive who has been in a few stock s14s and this has a lot more punch in the mid range. I built it to a kind of rally spec, high compression (but not crazy) with smaller cams and kept the stock 46 mm throttles. Wanted the air speed down low in the revs, stock engines are over throttled in my opinion, and are pretty lack luster in every day driving. This pulls from low down, which makes it fun on the street.

And yeah an airbag steering wheel. It's going. I have a non airbag column coming, half way through pulling it out of a parts car.

Did the school run in it this morning, got some looks from the moms lol. My daughters love it.
          Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
          2000 M5 Winter beater
          1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
          1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I am liking the way it doesn't loose steam after 6k rpm. If anything it gains the more you rev it.

I have done an oil and filter change at 250kms, with Brad Penn break in oil, 10w40. Did a coolant flush, and been driving it to work. I'm gathering parts for stage 2 of the build, will take it back off the road soon. There is a long list of work needed for this old car. Once i get bored of it.

If anyone has a Alpha-N kit for sale let me know, I have an old Wenthe carbon airbox I want to fit. But won't run with the AFM.
            2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

It moves very well for what it is.

What's stage 2 entail?
              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

The list is big, a mix of just getting some basic things working, like a blower fan for heating the cabin, radio, central locking, getting the abs working, washer jets working, to more major mechanical stuff like a steering column, all new front suspension components, to engine stuff like a thermo fan, check and adjust valve clearance, fit a Wideband, adjust exhaust, mount coolant reservoir properly, fit adjustable cam gears and set cam timing to schrick specs, install an alpha n kit and carbon airbox... Delete the a/c.... the list goes on.
                2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Engine is getting pulled and going in my new E30:

And maybe the engine out of my new E30 might go back in the 318i coupe... after a rebuild

It has a blown head gasket at the minimum:

2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Engine is getting pulled and going in my new E30:

And maybe the engine out of my new E30 might go back in the 318i coupe... after a rebuild

It has a blown head gasket at the minimum:

Must feel good to be back with a proper M3!

I still regret not buying your red one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes I'm back into an m3. Moving countries with a family sucked all my play money and it has taken this long to have the money and find the right one. Will feel much better when it's in the garage. Next week hopefully.

I wonder where my henna is now? Had some nice bits like a fully rebuilt dogleg and 3.46 lsd, hartge staggered 16s and restored sports seats.
                      2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Yes I'm back into an m3. Moving countries with a family sucked all my play money and it has taken this long to have the money and find the right one. Will feel much better when it's in the garage. Next week hopefully.

I wonder where my henna is now? Had some nice bits like a fully rebuilt dogleg and 3.46 lsd, hartge staggered 16s and restored sports seats.
                        You probably don't remember but I was the wet-behind-the-ears kid who came to have a look not long before you left. I was on the fence about selling my 318is and financing the rest to buy yours, but thought I'd wait a bit until I had more capital and buy another. Then the prices did their thing....
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember you. Do you live up around Mona Vale? And did I give you some magazines?
                          2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Yes, and yes. It was a long time ago
                            sigpic

Comment

My new M3 is running. Did a half rebuild of the engine and now I'm tackling the interior and replacing the screen. Unfortunately it's not going to be ready for the picnic.

2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

My new M3 is running. Did a half rebuild of the engine and now I'm tackling the interior and replacing the screen. Unfortunately it's not going to be ready for the picnic.

What a pretty girl!
                                90 Bronzit 325is
                                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X