Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear brake line t junction above diff has sprung a leak. Options to repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear brake line t junction above diff has sprung a leak. Options to repair?

I have never dropped the rear subframe. I have an s52 in the garage, but I am not ready for the swap. I plan to start that swap AFTER this winter. I really want to run the car this winter. But, the brake line has failed. I am extremely busy right now and was hoping there was a quick repair for this, rather than dropping everything. Any ideas?

Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
    I have never dropped the rear subframe. I have an s52 in the garage, but I am not ready for the swap. I plan to start that swap AFTER this winter. I really want to run the car this winter. But, the brake line has failed. I am extremely busy right now and was hoping there was a quick repair for this, rather than dropping everything. Any ideas?
    I just fixed mine. You are best to just drop the subframe, replace all the bushing while you do it, make the brake hardline with a new junction, and put everything back. It's a pain but also a huge peace of mind knowing you went that extra mile.
    1989 325i S50 swapped
    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

What are all the bushings that need to be replaced? Does anybody have a good parts list for all that should be done? DoeS the exhaust have to come out? I have a vibrating center bearing also. Ugh.

Comment

http://www.revshift.com/product-p/rbk-e30.htm

Thats all the bushings needed for the subframe, rear trailing arm bushings (rtabs) and differential mount. I suggest getting new bolts also.

Rear subframe bolts (2) 51718181460
        Rear subframe bolt nuts (2) 33331126136
        Trailing arm bolts (4) 33321136406
        Trailing arm bolt nuts (4) 07129900047
        Rear T brake line junction 34341111435

Thats what I did about 2.5 years ago and love it. You can go OEM mounts or another brand but R3vShift bushings are great IMHO
        Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-11-2016, 09:29 AM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Thanks so much, is there anything should be should be upgraded in preparation for the s52?

Comment

Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
            Thanks so much, is there anything should be should be upgraded in preparation for the s52?
            I'd go ahead and put the differential in that you plan on using for the S52.
            1989 325i S50 swapped
            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
              I just fixed mine. You are best to just drop the subframe, replace all the bushing while you do it, make the brake hardline with a new junction, and put everything back. It's a pain but also a huge peace of mind knowing you went that extra mile.
              This is what I did, that little brake line T turned out to be the most expensive thing on the car yet, lol.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
              X