Thanks...

Post some pics in here! Lets see it..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Nice, Peter. Great base to start with.

Made a big push last night and cleaned up all the bolts. My first time rebuilding multi piece wheels. I'll be buying already refinished wheels next time...
      Came out nice though, better than I expected. Original finish on the faces look great still too for the condition I got these in. Tires being mounted this weekend! Ordered caps from Romania. Still not here. 2 months of waiting.... FML

Comment

I'm afraid that base is how it will remain... I sure wish I could turn it into an "r3v e30"... I don't even go to the meet ups cause its so oem... That would be a lot of cash.... She'll last a while longer though.... I have maintained the engine and all to specs....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

A little more progress post Vintage...

Picked up a dash cap from Korman, finally found the correct BBS RM rings (thanks prasina2), some mats from Chris (thanks agent), a cleaned the shit out of the car again. Vintage did take something from the car though. Power steering pump is dying, and this m20 is tired as fuck, but hey the A/C worked the ENTIRE trip from being dead for 5+ years or more. Knowing I need a new rack and PS pump before Fall Brodeo just pushes me over the edge for a motor swap. Fuck it!

The Family
          IMG_0853 by scabzzzz

IMG_0696 by scabzzzz

IMG_0695 by scabzzzz

IMG_0687 by scabzzzz

IMG_0698 by scabzzzz

IMG_0699 by scabzzzz

Panorama a little funky but looks a lot better with caps. Proper photoshoot soon.
          IMG_0890 by scabzzzz

Comment

Wow, great build! Those RM's are gorgeous, I'm also a fan of those euroweaves. Nice taste.

Glacier Blue is just so proper, especially on a 4 door. If you ever want to give those cloth seats a good home, I have a worthy ass for them :D
            1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
            SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
            Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
              Wow, great build! Those RM's are gorgeous, I'm also a fan of those euroweaves. Nice taste.

Glacier Blue is just so proper, especially on a 4 door. If you ever want to give those cloth seats a good home, I have a worthy ass for them :D
              Thanks man... and let me think about it! I might be able to use some extra cash for the swap.

Comment

Beautiful that paint is awesome
                sigpic

Comment

thanks for the inspiration to paint my front valance and rear end... i have a couple cans of 280 ready to go! looks lovely...
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

In for some closeup pictures of the dash cap, other pictures I've ever seen are always 'not fully glued down'.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
                      In for some closeup pictures of the dash cap, other pictures I've ever seen are always 'not fully glued down'.
                      I havent glued it down yet. I will post pictures when I do though. For whatever reason, Im hesitant to do so. I was told you need to sand the dash too.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        I havent glued it down yet. I will post pictures when I do though. For whatever reason, Im hesitant to do so. I was told you need to sand the dash too.
                        I've seen a recommendation to use velcro strips to attach it instead, apparently gluing it to the dash makes it prone to warp when parked in the sun.

Comment

Whats next in the build?

This thing is sexy
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Whats next in the build?

This thing is sexy
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
                              I've seen a recommendation to use velcro strips to attach it instead, apparently gluing it to the dash makes it prone to warp when parked in the sun.
                              Ive also heard this. Mine doesnt even fit perfectly at the moment which was another hesitation. I wonder if using a heat gun while it's on to press it around would help?
                              Either way, cheers for the recommendation

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Whats next in the build?

This thing is sexy

Thanks!

Other things I'd like to do:
                                -euro lamps with functioning headlamp washer system (plus euro grills)
                                -engine refresh or replacement (unsure yet, has rebuilt head but original bottom end at 220k~ miles or so)
                                -PFC06 brake pads front and rear
                                -rebuild the cluster through E30Dad
                                -rebuild seat belt system up front (slow or doesn't retract, smell weird too)
                                -rebuild front seats or replace. cannot stand the rocking back and forth. i've tried to tighten them up as much as i can, still not right. i'm thinking new Corbeau.
                                -polish tool kit
                                -find another single BBS RM and make a legitimate spare
                                -replace window regulators in the two rear doors
                                -repaint hood (some of the trash in the paint wouldn't buff out and you can see some striping from the metallic)
                                -fix dash cap to the dash or replace dash with uncracked unit

Shit i can't think of anything else. I've done a lot to this car in a short amount of time. Just about everything works including A/C. Drives really well. No complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X