Official E30 *weight* reference guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official E30 *weight* reference guide

Obviously this has no information at this time, but over time I hope to make this a huge thread on how much parts in E30 weigh.. I have an accurate digital scale, and I have been stripping cars, so as I package up the parts I'll start including the weight of various parts to the LB and OZ

Purpose of this guide?
    Maybe for crazy folks who wanna reduce the weight of their E30, or as a reference guide.. This might sound crazy but if you removed 100 pieces at 4 oz's a piece that's 25lbs so keep that in mind..

Heatercore - 2 lbs
    Windsheild Wiper Assembly - 7 lbs
    '92 Golf VR6
    '91 325i
    '95 cabrio
    '94 jetta vr6

Its called the ETK, very accurate.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      Its called the ETK, very accurate.
      Well ETK it over to me, until that time I'll add to this Dirty ETK thread..
      '92 Golf VR6
      '91 325i
      '95 cabrio
      '94 jetta vr6

Comment

Comment

maybe I'm crazy but hardly any of that stuff really seems worth removing, at least on a street car.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
            maybe I'm crazy but hardly any of that stuff really seems worth removing, at least on a street car.
            Besides the trunk tar, I agree. I can understand on a dedicated track car though. On a street car, it is pointless.

Comment

Well.... actually, I'm kinda interested but that list on DTM seems to hit the high points. Thanks for the link.

Comment

keep in mind a lot of things on these lists are ILLEGAL to remove in a lot of different clases. Ask me how I know, I took my E36 autox car out of street mod *which is already a pretty hard class* and put into OSP (open street prepared, which were cars that were so powerfull they had to make a class for all the missfits. Like the 600hp ffr cobra, and a few toyota starlets that could do wheelies).

Comment

Working...
                X