Z3M 5lug swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3M 5lug swap question

Ok might be a dumb question but I have a 99 z3m coupe which now has GC coilovers, thus my front suspension is off the car.. my question is would I be able to use the z3m coupe front suspension and the z3 1.9 rear trailing arms (which I would need to buy) vs z3m rear trailing arms (which are harder to find and more expensive) For my 1990 325i E30
    Thanks
    sigpic

4 banger rear arms are not so good. your best bet is to suck it up and buy a complete z3m rear suspension. last time i checked, a set cost around 2 grand. all of that bolts on with pretty close offset to an e30. the next best thing would be to take the hubs and brakes off the rear end of a 6 cylinder z3. if i remember right, 6 cylinder hubs and rotors will be about 15mm wider than an e30. the entire arm will be perhaps 30mm wider.

instead of screwing around with this, why don't you buy the rear five lug kit from elcoy?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      4 banger rear arms are not so good. your best bet is to suck it up and buy a complete z3m rear suspension. last time i checked, a set cost around 2 grand. all of that bolts on with pretty close offset to an e30. the next best thing would be to take the hubs and brakes off the rear end of a 6 cylinder z3. if i remember right, 6 cylinder hubs and rotors will be about 15mm wider than an e30. the entire arm will be perhaps 30mm wider.

instead of screwing around with this, why don't you buy the rear five lug kit from elcoy?
      So running my z3m suspension up front and a adaptor kit in back would be fine?
      sigpic

Comment

well, its a lot better than using 4 banger z3 parts.

i have complete z3m suspension for my car so i will certainly be using the back end parts. the fronts i am not very excited about.

to be honest, the e36 front suspension on an e30 isn't that great. the geometry is somewhat wrong. i would suggest buying the entire kit from elcoy if you want 5 lug or buying e30 m3 front strut parts and elcoy's rears.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          well, its a lot better than using 4 banger z3 parts.

i have complete z3m suspension for my car so i will certainly be using the back end parts. the fronts i am not very excited about.

to be honest, the e36 front suspension on an e30 isn't that great. the geometry is somewhat wrong. i would suggest buying the entire kit from elcoy if you want 5 lug or buying e30 m3 front strut parts and elcoy's rears.
          Hey thanks for the info :) ya was just seeing what options would be possible with my e36/8 suspension laying around
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X