1985 325e "Marilyn"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 325e "Marilyn"

This is my 85' 325e, when I bought it the car had 114k miles, 5 speed, full black sport interior, GC Coils, ARE 398's, and late model bumper swap. The tired old B27 was removed after I blew a tire and hop a curbed destroying my oil pan and oil sump, snagged a low mileage B25, chipped it with long tube headers, x pipe, and 3' straight pipe, while I was swapping the motor, I gutted the interior, welded 2.79 and welded 4.10 (street and track), installed my Buddy Club P1 seats on custom fixed mounts, dropped rear bump stops, lowered the front some more, installed an AKG shifter, Grip Royal wheel, MOMO hub, later this all changed to DND wheel/Quick release. I had fun with that setup, and in December of 16' I decided another motor swap was in order, and for the past 10 months I've been working on swapping a 1uz non-vvti, s13 KA 5-speed trans, 6 puck sprung clutch, 12lbs flywheel, custom driveshaft, 180 degree headers, fender dump exhaust, booster delete & proportioning valve, DND hydraulic Handbrake, dual rear caliper brackets, Drift Knuckles full Unicorn Angle Kit, e36 325i front brakes and rotors, e36 Speedline 16" monoblock wheels (just up front), there are a bunch of little things I did to make the car feel like mine, so far the current setup is still unfinished, but I am slowly plugging away getting her to where she needs to be.
    Pics in order of appearance, day I got her, swapping motors in a parking lot, before bump stops dropped, after bump stops dropped, 1uz 180 degree headers, exhaust dump
    Attached Files

looks nice!

'93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
    '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Crazy engine swap!
      AWD > RWD

Comment

photo dump
        https://imgur.com/a/qI5lI

Comment

Where did you get the engine arms? I remember a company in Asia that sold them or something...
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Where did you get the engine arms? I remember a company in Asia that sold them or something...
            My fabricator made them, all mounts, exhaust, coolant jackets, radiator support/bracket and boxed frame are all made by him Peter Leblanc of Mint Fabrication in Denver, CO

Comment

Does your exhaust go through the interior of your car too???
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Does your exhaust go through the interior of your car too???
                it sure does

Comment

For anyone interested, I'm building some hard lines for the MC to the Proportioning Valve, with remote mounted reservoirs for the MC and Hydro, and because of the headers, pretty much everything must be hardlined, and because its an entirely new brake system other than rear calipers, I will be running DOT 5.1 fluid in an attempt to keep fluid temps in check. Also will need to replace my 18" 1700cfm pusher fan as I used it for another project, planning to get the same one, but I need a super slim 16-18" puller, SPAL has really decent fans but not really sure if I should do a single big puller or 2 smaller pullers? any input?

Comment

Working...
                  X