No announcement yet.

Use the Stock Booster - Modify the Clevis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not make a new offset clevis out of billett. You can make it L shaped. The forces from pedal to booster are not that great, it will be fine and better than some half azz welded piece!
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

overthinking gets the best of me often... decided to use my skills elsewhere and got the clevis from ecs. what i received is better than pictured. oem bag and tag woot. now to measure and deface it. anyone want the other half for the price of shipping?
      Attached Files

Comment

not clevis related but just thought id share how tight the quarters are here for the internets in case any new comers are curious need help visualizing the struggle. I know I would have appreciated such.

If only ITB's were reasonable to obtain... I moved the booster over .6" had to bend nearly all the hardlines to coax them into place and remove some insulation in the transmission tunnel to get the motor and tranny in. also the last two fins need more than just cutting off.
        Im gonna have to push the limits of the wall a bit using a dremel or even seek out a plastic welder to adjust the manifold for more clearance. I wonder if the M50 manifold clears better. Though downgrading to obd 1 sounds ludicrous imho.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ridingsupreme View Post
          not clevis related but just thought id share how tight the quarters are here for the internets in case any new comers are curious need help visualizing the struggle. I know I would have appreciated such.

If only ITB's were reasonable to obtain... I moved the booster over .6" had to bend nearly all the hardlines to coax them into place and remove some insulation in the transmission tunnel to get the motor and tranny in. also the last two fins need more than just cutting off.
          Im gonna have to push the limits of the wall a bit using a dremel or even seek out a plastic welder to adjust the manifold for more clearance. I wonder if the M50 manifold clears better. Though downgrading to obd 1 sounds ludicrous imho.

You running m54 or something? The m50 manifold is an improvement over the obd2 manifold for m/s52.

Comment

So I have my clevis ready but before i start drilling.....

is the half inch over a half inch from the center of the existing holes?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
              So I have my clevis ready but before i start drilling.....

is the half inch over a half inch from the center of the existing holes?

Thanks
              Yes, a half inch toward the driver's side.

Comment

Thanks for confirming. Getting the drill out.

Comment

Working...
                X