X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by shaferbm View Post
      Just toss a lowly i lip on there, fix the fogs and it will be perfection. oem+ is the way!

My thoughts exactly :)

Parts arrived from Schmiedmann late this week. Nice to have fogs fitted for the first time in 5 years!

Also found a pic from when I first bought the car back in 2008, have to admit it has been a good thing starting off the project with a neat car. Plastic hubcaps all the way.

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Picked up a bargain priced 3.25 LSD from an e28, should put first gear about where 2nd was with the 3.73 in there. Just need to throw the e30 output shafts in there & swap the diff cover & it'll be good to go.

No leaks asides from a weepy back cover, which will be solved with a new gasket & e30 cover :)

Also steam cleaned the interior - happy with how it turned out.

Comment

nice to see another b35 swap rollin around!
          Originally posted by blunt
          i called my 17 yo paperboy "sugartits" in a christmas card 3 years ago. he never came back and im not joking.

Comment

Thanks Chachi - the car is about to have it's second birthday since the swap, and gets driven daily :)

Comment

Bought and installed a Nakamichi 350iBTR head unit over the weekend. The amber setting is an excellent colour match to the e30 dash lighting - it's darker than it looks in the photo - and audio quality is superior to my previous Sony head unit; yes - I know Nakamichi isn't the company they once were.

It's currently running the stock e30 speakers - given the loudness of my exhaust, there's little point going to higher quality components. I can listen to the radio & mp3s so all good! It also has hands free for the phone, so I'll give that a try some time. I spend most of my days working in a recording studio, so I don't need audiophile quality in my car ;)

Last edited by lukeADE335i; 06-10-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Nakamichi used to make some great stuff! Is the company back from the dead?
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yes - they were bought out by a Chinese investment company when they went bust & still make products competing with Bose etc.

The 350iBTR has a good set of features - bluetooth, phone hands free, USB, SD Card reader, 5V output for amps, 50 watt x 4 inbuilt amps etc. Sound quality is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                    Yes - they were bought out by a Chinese investment company when they went bust & still make products competing with Bose etc.

The 350iBTR has a good set of features - bluetooth, phone hands free, USB, SD Card reader, 5V output for amps, 50 watt x 4 inbuilt amps etc. Sound quality is fine.
                    That's awesome. I need a bluetooth deck in my 4runner. I tend to run Kenwood Excellon units and have been happy with them. But...Nakamichi!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

In sticking with the OEM+ theme of my car, I picked up some RG Alpina Reps. Nice nod to the M30 lurking under the bonnet :)

Rumour has it the RG kopis were actually the wheels fitted to the South African 333i (which might explain why they have 20 spokes like the original Alpina wheels rather than 19 like all other kopis).

Anyway - happy with the result.

Comment

Hi all

Finally had some time off work this week with the holidays, so gave the car a Christmas present yesterday - major service & a new M3 wiring cover to clean up the battery tray area of my swap. As I hadn't checked the oil spray bar Banjo Bolts since the swap a couple of years ago, I thought it best to check them, and sure enough the front one had backed out a bit (although it was still more than finger tight, so caught in plenty of time). This is definitely something worth checking every couple of years if you don't have fuse wire holding the bolts in place!

I also replaced the AFM rubber mounts, although the new aftermarket mounts are taller than the old factory ones & the AFM is now rubbing slightly on the bonnet - I may need to get hold of some other factory ones.

Anyway - happy holidays.

Cheers
                        Luke

Comment

Hi all

with the car coming up to it's 3rd birthday since swapping in the M30, I bought it a present - Miller MAF kit. It's been way too reliable, so I thought time to mess with it ;)

Fitting was straight forward, and the conversion seems well worthwhile. The added throttle response is great regardless of any extra power the motor might (or might not) have. The butt dyno suggests not much has changed, but to my mind the added drivability is worth it & I now have more bonnet clearance too.

Cheers
                          Luke

Comment

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Love it, I've recently swapped a m30 into my glacier blue sedan.

Im keen on a miller maf conversion too, my afm is a tad tired & for the cost to rebuild it the maf is cheaper & easier.

I now know of 3 m30e30 sedans creeping around Aus surprising unsuspecting drivers.

Comment

Thanks Anthony.

Yes - I surprise many a SSV and XR8 driver. Back when I had the 3.73 diff in the car, an VE SS tried to gun it in front of me from the lights on one of our suburban highways, and sat next to him up to around 100km/h (then let him in) at the next set of lights he pulled up next to me, wound down the window and asked me what was in the car... I shrugged and said it's a 320i, a 2 litre I guess :p

Comment

Working...
                                X