• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your pinstripes are almost identical to my bronzit E30

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      You two disgust me.
      If you don't like em, what are you doing in the e28 forums?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
        If you don't like em, what are you doing in the e28 forums?
        Stumbled in here on accident.

Comment

Stumbled in here on accident.
          Twice?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
            Twice?

Okay... So maybe I like e28s a little.

Comment

Seems like you've checked this thread more than me... maybe you should sell your e30's and buy a 528e.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                Seems like you've checked this thread more than me... maybe you should sell your e30's and buy a 528e.

528e with a m10 swap is more like it.

Comment

Yea okay..... You love them and you know it don't deny it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Loving the e28. Sub'd for more

Comment

Mmhmhmhmhmhmmhmhm. E28 content. *Cleans off keyboard*
                      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Spring is here and we are back out in the garage. I've torn my achilles tendon and I am pretty much confined to sitting down. Since I couldn't take sitting around doing nothing I've decided to let my buddy help me with the tail panel repairs on the e28. The left side trunk/spare tire area was in need of new metal. Since my dad and I have decided to scrap the silver six(he bought an 88 e24 in good shape, no rust or rot), we cut the metal out of the trunk area we needed for the fiver. It's not a perfect shape match but it's pretty close and with some trim work and another patch or two it's starting to look pretty good.
                        My father lives several hundred miles away and plans on coming up once a month to work on his car, a recently purchased 88 e24 from down in Salsbury, Md. Since I'm confined to a chair, Ive been working on swapping over his nice black leather interior from the silver e24 into the black e24. I started with the doors. I've had to swap over the lock cylinder on the passenger door because someone tried to break into the car and damaged the lock cylinder. After a few hours and a lot of patience I was able to get the lock cylinder swapped including the return spring and auto lock functions to work correctly. I've got some pics and plan on posting sometime tonight.
                        sigpic

Comment

You are determined. Injured but still working on your car. True BMW enthusiasts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          323i MTEC1
                          Z3 coupe
                          E60 M5

Comment

Determined and bored. I'm only doing half days at work for a few weeks, so in the afternoon I fiddle around with the cars.cx
                            sigpic

Comment

The rear panel is located, now to weld and braze it in.
                              The black six in the back ground is dads new ride. I'm working on the doors now, getting all the locks and power windows to work.
                              sigpic

Comment

So some work has been completed on both the six and the five. The five has the rear panel welded and brazed in. We are making the underside support pieces now. They should be bent and welded in place by tomorrow. Still some more bodywork to do before it's ready for paint though.

The black six has all the interior torn out of it. Dash and evaporator housing included. I ripped out the carpet and separated it from the floor padding. I'm transplanting everything from the silver six to the black one. Not really looking forward to the headliner as it is tucked under the windshield. Not quite sure how far I'm going on that one. I pulled up the padding under the carpet and removed the rear section of it so I can let it dry in the sun for a day or two. The front piece I pulled up and put some plastic bins under it to allow it to dry out too. Good news is the floor pan is not rusted out and after I dry it out and fix the leaks, it should be good for another twenty years.

Blazer shot. This vehicle is for sale 77k original miles 350 TBI w/ 700r4, clean as a shaved apricot. You figure that out. I want lots of money for it though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X