Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
    You need this (bottom header, ignore the stupid red numbers and arrows):

I'll make you a great deal on it. Some off the shelf stuff along with some custom made stuff!!
    Comparo picture of your old vs new exhaust setup? Looks like it will be (or already is) very baller.

I've already got most of the parts. Got a set of euro m3 headers and a uuc corsa rsc36 catback. I just need to choose parts/design the midsection. My plan has been to do something like what you're showing there. Proper 3-1 collector off the primaries to a Y and megaphone off the secondaries to a single pipe back to the catback. I'll split it once it gets to the rear of the car for the dual outlet corsa catback and a centered exhaust. I've been hoarding parts and planning this for a while.

FYI I am cpalella on bimmerforums. You replied to my "s52 through pipemax" thread a while back with photos of your new headers etc. being fabricated.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...hrough-pipemax
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Gotcha!!

Comment

You're down the street from me now (work wise). Congratulations on the new place and job! We should meet up one of these days. It's been a while.
        Singer Vehicle Design.
        Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

I've been waiting to kill off my rear 225/45's to buy new tires, but I really want to try to fit 245's this time...
          I'm 16x9 ET15, do you think I could get away with it? I'd try to buy yours, but I bet shipping/duty would be like $400.
          The 245's are going to be tough to fit in the front especially if you have M3 CAB's - I also have 16x9, but et0 front.
          My 225/45 R888's (they run fat, my 'street tire 225 fit with no issue) up front forced me to bend my horn out the way, flare the fender a little more, and push my valance out maybe half an inch because of the caster, but maybe my valance wasn't 100% straight(?) because it looks near perfect.

For the rear 16x9 et15 225/45 r888's fit with my caber set to 2.5* and slight toe-in, 0 rub, rolled fenders.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Oh I only want 245's in the rear. I had to pull out the hammer for 225's as it is up front.

Currently 225/45 all around, on 16x8 et8 up front, and 16x9 et15 rear. Switching to 245 in the back would suit the wheel widths better, and give a little more meat in the back to play with, assuming it doesn't take a bunch of effort. I know it'll be close.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              Oh I only want 245's in the rear. I had to pull out the hammer for 225's as it is up front.

Currently 225/45 all around, on 16x8 et8 up front, and 16x9 et15 rear. Switching to 245 in the back would suit the wheel widths better, and give a little more meat in the back to play with, assuming it doesn't take a bunch of effort. I know it'll be close.
              Ah okay, cool. Might have to dial in some camber in the rear or go to pound-town with your bfh but yeah it'll be close.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
                You're down the street from me now (work wise). Congratulations on the new place and job! We should meet up one of these days. It's been a while.
                I noticed that! Let's grab lunch
                Shadetree30

Comment

Got my windows tinted at work. Material is free :D I just pay the guy for his time. He did a fantastic job. I can finally see out the side windows. Also got the windshield done. It made a huge difference for interior temperature in the sun.

The night before socal vintage I decided to paint my trim.... Pulled everything off one side, broke every clip, and then decided I didn't want to do it after all so I put it all back Ordered all new clips from BMA and I have them now so maybe I'll tackle it over the weekend.

Socal vintage was a great show

This was my favorite car. You wouldn't know it but it was stroked and running megasquirt

***** WARNING - VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED *****

Chop chop.

Took me 1.5 hours to work up the courage to cut the rear. You can always swap a front fender, but the rear.... not so much. No going back now

I checked the rear for full suspension travel and clearance and it's perfect. There's another 1.25" of room between the tire and metal after the shock bottoms out and the tire just barely grazes the flare. This is exactly what I wanted so I can lower the rear another 1/2" or so to get the car sitting flat. It still has a slight rake.

Here's full travel without the flare

And here's full travel with the flare

Started tacking and welding it all back together. It'll all be fully welded, primed and seam sealed when I'm finished.

Track day at streets of willow is two weekends away over thanksgiving. Still have a lot to do before then. Need to change the radiator, install the brake ducts, possibly swap front rotors for something that has a rear facing vent, possibly change the power steering reservoir, and possibly another alignment.
                  Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 11-09-2017, 09:18 AM.
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Brave man!... Are you going to paint the flares ?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Brave man!... Are you going to paint the flares ?
                      absolutely
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        absolutely
                        Thats why I like you Charlie. You do it right :up:
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Thats why I like you Charlie. You do it right :up:
                          I have the fender welting too. And the black allen cap screws matching the rest of the car.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Thats some solid work. I like your approach to things.

Comment

O.O in <3
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                                Thats some solid work. I like your approach to things.
                                Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                O.O in <3
                                Thanks guys
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X