Custom Instrument Clusters for E30 cars - Bavarian Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Instrument Clusters for E30 cars - Bavarian Restoration

I suppose its about time that I make a thread to showcase some of the custom clusters we've done over the past 5 years.

For more details about our cluster repair and customization service, please check out our website at BavRest.com All our clusters come with 3 year warranty and are fully tested prior to shipment.

We are also willing to sell cluster parts to you guys who wish to DIY!

For quotes, please contact us at BavRest@gmail.com. R3v members with post count 2000 or greater, feel free to contact me directly through R3v so that I can provide you a discount on your order/quote.

Its been really great building sweet clusters for so many cool cars around the world. We have built clusters for many partners/companies such as CA tuned, Guten Parts and Service, Bimmerheads, Garagewelt, JMP Autoworkz, Condor Speed Shop, and more.

We mainly focus on E30 clusters but can repair and customize almost any cluster. We have done many E21, E24, and E28 clusters too!

Onto the pics...

Starting with one of my favs...CA Tuned's Miss Blue. Certainly one of our more radical clusters. Props to Stanceworks for the photos.

This cluster was actually the first one with built in LED lighting. Dims with factory dimmer!

Another fav of mine is our own Matt Russell's Mtech car...
    Photo cred to Stanceworks again, awesome site, check them out.

We've done many other clusters for CA tuned as well. Here is the cluster from the Henna Red car...
    This cluster features custom paint trim rings and needles. The overlays were produced in-house by us in the E46 M style.

Like I said, we can do E28 too. This is for CA tuned's, now started his own company Stellar Built, MadMax!! Check these out!!!
    Custom MPG gauge delete with stealth digital numeric voltage and oil pressure gauge, with warning indicator.

Will get an lit up pic soon.

Here is one we did for CA tuned's Ash's Copper edition E28.

Here is another one for Matt's other E30, I'm sure you will see more of this one around. Overlays are custom made by us, E46 M style. Also our matte black housing and trim rings.

Here are some displays that we have done for Bimmerfest 2015.
    I call this one Dubai Edition lol

LED housing with amber LED's. This is actually medium brightness

Full brightness

Here is a nice comparison of the red LED housing upgrade vs the amber LED housing upgrade.

Another custom unit with 9k redline tachometer, perfect for S54 swaps, white trim rings, stealth digital voltage gauge and AFR bar gauge.

This is a very special cluster to me...features stealth digital voltage and oil temp with vinyl indicators for that OEM+ look. Also black chrome rings and 8k redline "Ferrari" style tachometer overlay.

Another shot of the custom stealth digital gauges.

Here is a sweet unit with white trim rings, red 300kmh speedometer. We setup a wire pigtail with an adjustable calibration knob so the speedometer accuracy can be adjusted in the car.

A nice E46 M3 inspired cluster. A lot of people love the look of the grey E46 M gauge faces.

Here is another sample of the 300kmh speedometer and a unique 9k tachometer. These are custom overlays that we produce. Needle paint is custom mixed. We can handle any color and shade.

Here is a close up of our needle paint quality. Truly perfection.

White LED housing. These LED housings dim with the factory dimmer. We can also add an adjustable trim pot so you can tune the brightness independent of the dimmer if you wish.

We can also do AFR bay gauges.
    Last edited by Gregs///M; 06-14-2016, 02:09 PM.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Replied to your post on the r3v Facebook page. Definitely going to contact you this Friday!

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

That 9K tach is sharp.

Good work.

So the redone faces are all vinyl overlays?
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Seems like I might need a new cluster because it just broke..I shot it...good work! Love them!

Comment

I'm a happy customer, BavRestorations did a great job restoring function to all my gauges and making it work like it was brand new again. Money well spent!

Dave

Comment

I can no longer recommend BavRest, enough so that I will be removing any traffic to their website via my build thread or other posts on this forum.
            Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-19-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
              That 9K tach is sharp.

Good work.

So the redone faces are all vinyl overlays?
              No these are multi layer design using paper materials and PVC.

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              Replied to your post on the r3v Facebook page. Definitely going to contact you this Friday!
              Anytime, remind me your r3v name, we'll take care of you.

Big thanks for all the props! I'll be posting more custom work soon.
              www.BavRest.com
              My Feedback Thread
              Our Facebook!
              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Beautiful work. I like the stealth OEM looking voltage and oil temp read outs. I see one of these in my future somewhere...

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

These look awesome, need to get mine done asap...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
                  Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                  LED Bulb Thread
                  R6 LED Review

Comment

Bump more cluster pics added.
                    www.BavRest.com
                    My Feedback Thread
                    Our Facebook!
                    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Greg's work is phenomenal! I love my gauges that he redid for me. You wont be sorry.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

So you guys can fix my fuel gauge which no matter how many times I take apart and sand its connections, won't stay working?

Can you do a volt meter reading to two decimal places? Ie. 12.34v?

Everything looks really great. Thinking about what might look nice for my car. Maybe red rings...

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Doing E36 clusters yet? I have the typical dark spots....not sure what else there is to refresh in the cluster itself?

Love my e30 one, thanks! Would definitely love to have the oil temp in there!
                          1997 Artic Silver M3
                          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Greg's work is the best in the business, I had a design he's never done before. He did more then make it happen he made it BEAUTIFUL.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Greg's work is phenomenal! I love my gauges that he redid for me. You wont be sorry.
                              Thank you Sir! Appreciate the support!

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                              So you guys can fix my fuel gauge which no matter how many times I take apart and sand its connections, won't stay working?

Can you do a volt meter reading to two decimal places? Ie. 12.34v?

Everything looks really great. Thinking about what might look nice for my car. Maybe red rings...
                              We fix problems like that everyday. We can test the cluster and all its parts, however your problem may be fuel gauge sender related.

We may be able to source our a 4 digit volt meter and fabricate into the cluster, however it may not be worth the extra cost for that little extra info.

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                              Doing E36 clusters yet? I have the typical dark spots....not sure what else there is to refresh in the cluster itself?

Love my e30 one, thanks! Would definitely love to have the oil temp in there!
                              We don't do much E36 clusters but we certainly can. We have not had many e36 owners ready to send their clusters in.

Originally posted by bluebeamer View Post
                              Greg's work is the best in the business, I had a design he's never done before. He did more then make it happen he made it BEAUTIFUL.
                              Thanks for the support!
                              www.BavRest.com
                              My Feedback Thread
                              Our Facebook!
                              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
                              X