Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI: German Audio Specialties is not closed...yet

Hi R3V.

Yes, we are closing. Keep in mind we have shipped well over 1000 subwoofer boxes, fitment has been 3 isolated incidents.

That's a .03 failure rate. Most any business would be thrilled to achieve that rate, we are just two guys working out of a garage. Neither of us are businessmen, sorry.

Being forced to relocate our shop 3 times in less than 6 months is what put us under, not a customer issue.

We also have a lot of unfinished business, orders to ship and a mountain of BMW parts to sell.

We also have a lot of inventory, and our woodshop is still up and running. You will get what you order, with an exact fit, as 99.97% of our customers have.

So, to those expecting your orders, we are doing our best to get them out as quickly as we can, hang tight. Things have been very rough for us, to say the least.

To those wanting to place an order, please do. While we have had issues with having to move our shop 3 times last year, we will get everything shipped as quickly as we can. Cash flow is a crucial aspect of any business, and your order will help us get everyone else's orders shipped too. if you think Im a crook, you are wrong. Nobody cares about you being happy more than I do, but when faced with being able to pay the electric bill or buy materials and pay shipping, the choice anyone would make is obvious.

We have zero safety net, especially after our disaster last year.

Thanks you for your years of support.

Luke
    Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 07-01-2016, 08:13 PM.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

The phone is still on, it's 360-669-0398, call anytime between 9A and 7P, Pacific time

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Awesome guy

Well I'm giving my 2 cents about luke....as we see he's had some unfortunate luck.... Prior to meeting luke I heard a few things but I was raised to form my own opinion about people ..... So 2 min into meeting luke I could see his passion about what he dose, as he showed me around his shop I could see how proud he was of all the special tooling he has built to make his product perfect , I'm thinking to myself as this is happening " this guy loves what he dose and has great passion on making a quality product"......I was sold b4 the tour was over....I would rather pay luke double for what he makes because he believes in what he dose ....he's a quality person and we have all made mistakes, ......... I hope he can pull the pieces back together and continue what he loves to do

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
        Well I'm giving my 2 cents about luke....as we see he's had some unfortunate luck.... Prior to meeting luke I heard a few things but I was raised to form my own opinion about people ..... So 2 min into meeting luke I could see his passion about what he dose, as he showed me around his shop I could see how proud he was of all the special tooling he has built to make his product perfect , I'm thinking to myself as this is happening " this guy loves what he dose and has great passion on making a quality product"......I was sold b4 the tour was over....I would rather pay luke double for what he makes because he believes in what he dose ....he's a quality person and we have all made mistakes, ......... I hope he can pull the pieces back together and continue what he loves to do
        Thanks, brother.

This community forced me to go into the business, even though things got out of hand, I still love what I do, but I'm done.

Ill always have a tablesaw tho, I'll build stuff for me, like I've always wanted.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke has steered me wrong, even went as far as selling me things that he never delivered. I payed them over $700 and never received anything. I wouldn't trust this sales. I think he had somebody he knows write the excellent review, it seems too soon.

Please be aware the Luke was a moderator of this forum for some time so any complaints against him were and have been deleted so that he can "maintain" his reputation. He is certainly a out of ordinary business connection.

Comment

Originally posted by 86gt635 View Post
            Luke has steered me wrong, even went as far as selling me things that he never delivered. I payed them over $700 and never received anything. I wouldn't trust this sales. I think he had somebody he knows write the excellent review, it seems too soon.

Please be aware the Luke was a moderator of this forum for some time so any complaints against him were and have been deleted so that he can "maintain" his reputation. He is certainly a out of ordinary business connection.
            You have got to quit with your lies.

If I had the connections you say I do, I'd have your stupid ass banned, wouldn't I?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Wow. Such Hate.

I can't believe the trash that lurks here on these forums.

I have been working with Luke over the last few months, and I am very happy with the results and the friendship I have made. Yes, it has taken a little extra time to get my system. But am I patient? Of course. Luke and the shop have gone through a lot of shit over the past years and as of late; they are doing the best they can.

Through thick and thin they have built hundreds if not thousands of systems, and Luke has been there plowing through it. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone for a few hours as I was planning out my system. You'd be hard pressed to find a more genuine, honest, hard working guy that genuinely cares about the work he does.

If you have a problem with Luke's character, you have a problem with me.

If you placed an order, you WILL get it. If you have a question, Luke WILL answer it. Coming in here and calling him a crook is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. If you have a legitimate problem, call Luke and talk to him about it as he will resolve it. He always does.

I'm excited to get my GAS system installed. Luke Box + Amp Rack + Classic PCN + New Speakers = Perfection.

That is all.
              Founder
              TheDirtyThirty
              instagram.com/thedirtythirty

Comment

Originally posted by theTBLACK View Post
                Wow. Such Hate.

I can't believe the trash that lurks here on these forums.

I have been working with Luke over the last few months, and I am very happy with the results and the friendship I have made. Yes, it has taken a little extra time to get my system. But am I patient? Of course. Luke and the shop have gone through a lot of shit over the past years and as of late; they are doing the best they can.

Through thick and thin they have built hundreds if not thousands of systems, and Luke has been there plowing through it. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone for a few hours as I was planning out my system. You'd be hard pressed to find a more genuine, honest, hard working guy that genuinely cares about the work he does.

If you have a problem with Luke's character, you have a problem with me.

If you placed an order, you WILL get it. If you have a question, Luke WILL answer it. Coming in here and calling him a crook is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. If you have a legitimate problem, call Luke and talk to him about it as he will resolve it. He always does.

I'm excited to get my GAS system installed. Luke Box + Amp Rack + Classic PCN + New Speakers = Perfection.

That is all.
                MUCH love, thank you.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Thanks from me, too! We certainly have been through a lot...

Comment

I have never bought anything personally from Luke. I do own one of his products, though (bought secondhand). I have been paying attention to the recent threads and I would not hesitate to purchase any item from Luke in the future, in fact I sincerely hope I can.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Luke is a good guy I being in this forum since 2005 and I finally got to deal with Luke . He took care of me he made a custom box for my E38 and he delivered , I don't understand why this lady is complaining so much, about Luke anyway I am a happy customer.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                      I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                      "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

There is no one that knows the bmw sound systems like Luke and Justin. The fact that they are closing their doors is a HUGE loss to the BMW community. I have purchased from G.A.S. On 3 separate occasions and always received what i ordered and was always astonished at the quality of the craftsmanship and the sound produced by the equipment. Did it take a while to get? Sure. Thats what happens when you order something that is custom built for you. Make no mistake, these aren't off the shelf, they hold no stock. Majority of these boxes are built to order. So yeah it takes a while to receive sometimes, but if people would just realize that G.A.S. Is two guys with a passion for killer audio and bmw's trying to help the community while keeping the lights on and not Walmart, they would probably still be in business.

Luke and Justin will always have my full support and i wish them nothing but the best in future endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I purchased a box and some crossovers last month. They all came to me as advertised.

Comment

The whole thing is kinda my fault. Luke was going to build a new jig to produce the e46 coupe 10" box, my car got totaled by some bitch in a ford focus 4 days before I was scheduled to drop it off for the work. That was back in January. I've gotten two of his full systems, one e30 vert, and one e46 sedan, and both sound like he didn't charge me enough. I've had cars with 5k worth of equipment that didn't sound nearly as clear as lukes setup. The pcn's are works of electroerotic art, the amp racks are well made, and he and Justin never hesitate to help someone out. Buy from him confidently while he's still building these boxes.

Comment

If anything I hope you've at least learned to communicate and be more up front with your customers. All these threads that have surely been a detriment to your reputation, were preventable.

If you had been honest in the first place and told steady330 that you didn't actually have her box in stock and lost the measurements, she wouldn't be an issue.

Or if you had made it known to me, via this forum or a text or YOUR WEBSITE IN WHICH YOU DO BUSINESS, I wouldn't have posted a thread here either.

It's these long periods of time with promises and excuses and decreasing communication on your end and then one day the phone number has changed... I'm sorry, that feels quite a bit like being hoodwinked. It also doesn't help to see you publicly posting all the work you're doing for new customers while we're still waiting for ours.

And seriously, you're in the wrong. You've made promises you couldn't deliver on. I no longer care enough to put you through the trouble of making it right with me, which to your benefit you have offered to, (after you insultingly told me to "lose the attitude" over a box you promised me 8 months ago) but do the standup thing and offer steady330 her money back or to wait for a box. Realistically, given her back story, I think she honestly wants the correct box. Maybe admit you're wrong, apologize, and ask her to give you more time to come up with a car to work off of. Or even give her her money back and let her re-buy the box when you get the correct measurements.

Lastly, it seems to me that if you've been in business for 10 years with a 99.97% success rate and one single customer with a $375 problem can cause you to lose that business and your home... you might want to rethink some things.
                              2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                              1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                              1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Working...
                              X