Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment with Bilstein/Pro Kit + drop hats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment with Bilstein/Pro Kit + drop hats?

Picking up my new-to-me e30 325i tomorrow, already shopping for suspension goodies and I'm getting new Bilsteins + Eibach springs + e90 drop hats.

My question is, will I be able to get this thing aligned properly with that much of a drop if everything else is OEM (non-adjustable)? Previous owner just replaced the tie rods/bushings/etc underneath but left it stock ride height on nearly blown struts.

Will I need camber plates to avoid chewing through tires at an alarming rate?
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

It will be toe that's usually eating through your tires. Front toe is adjustable oem. When I first got my car it was lowered on racing dynamics springs. The alignment specs themselves were not horrible and I didn't have any extreme tire wear.

Front camber -1.3
    Front toe slight toe out
    Rear camber -2.0
    Rear toe slight toe in

Comment

Originally posted by iPee View Post
      It will be toe that's usually eating through your tires. Front toe is adjustable oem. When I first got my car it was lowered on racing dynamics springs. The alignment specs themselves were not horrible and I didn't have any extreme tire wear.

Front camber -1.3
      Front toe slight toe out
      Rear camber -2.0
      Rear toe slight toe in
      Awesome, thanks!
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Take it to a shop that deals with bmw's alignments often and you should not have an issue with getting alignment dialed in with this set up
        BavarianBeast.com

Comment

Working...
        X