Dead times for stock 14.5lb M20 injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead times for stock 14.5lb M20 injectors

Anyone know what the dead time compensation map should be for STOCK M20 injectors.

I'm running the default 1.0ms right now in tunerstudio and I'm getting some variances with hot/cold ambient temps and different electrical loads. Idle AFR tuning has been difficult as well.

Running MSII..

The only way to get true dead time is to make some on-car measurements. I used the test mode on a single injector, on the fuel rail but not in the manifold, to measure the volume per squirt at 2ms, 5ms, 10ms and so on.

The dead time is where that straight line crosses the x axis. For me it was about .35ms for M54 injectors.

Comment

When I tested M20 injectors on my 85 318i running microsquirt I got the following:
      Dead time: 0.36ms
      Battery Voltage correction: 0.18ms/V
      Flow rate: 169cc/min or 16.1lb/hr

The flow rates were higher than everyone says they are, I'm not sure if my M10 runs higher fuel pressure than an M20.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
        Anyone know what the dead time compensation map should be for STOCK M20 injectors.

I'm running the default 1.0ms right now in tunerstudio and I'm getting some variances with hot/cold ambient temps and different electrical loads. Idle AFR tuning has been difficult as well.

Running MSII..
        If you get an answer can you please let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X