3 fuel pumps 3 regulators same problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 fuel pumps 3 regulators same problem

Car went to shop I guess the fuel pressure was too high and fouling the plugs. Put 2 new fuel pumps and regulator in, car ran fine for a week. Got gas, gas shooting out of the regulator and into the intake manifold. Back in shop, replaced fuel pump and regular again, no change this time. Shop doesn't want to deal with it anymore and I do not blame them. What in the world can be the problem?

Thank you

Clogged return line. The regulator bleeds of extra fuel pressure back to the tank. If that line is clogged, its gonna spike the pressure.

Comment

The definition of an idiot is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Did the shop really change a brand new pump amd regulator with a brand new pump and regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        The definition of an idiot is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Did the shop really change a brand new pump amd regulator with a brand new pump and regulator?
        I thought that was the definition of insanity? Haha either way....

I second the clogged return line comment.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Red_liner740 View Post
          Clogged return line. The regulator bleeds of extra fuel pressure back to the tank. If that line is clogged, its gonna spike the pressure.
          +1 to clogged return line. Your fuel filter could be clogged up and sending not-filtered-enough dirty fuel down the line, clogging your return line and it could clog your injector inlet filters as well. I'd check all three of those if I were you, and if your injector filters are dirty, I offer injector rebuilding services and injector upgrades at a fair price.
          Last edited by Bimmer_Baron; 10-20-2017, 10:39 AM.
          Injectors - services, upgrades, rebuild kits and stock sets available! 14.5lb, 17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 28lb, 33lb, M20B27 injectors available https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413372

Comment

Working...
          X