keep building.
    I'm down.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
      Per longer route request, what do you think of this? Anything longer becomes a small road trip in my book. We will most likely stop at flaming geyser park and food so that tacks on another 20-35mins. I tried to keep it the same idea as the smaller course, more curves than straights.

looks better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
        looks better.

I like this one the best

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
          In before someone R3Vs right into a tractor.

Seriously guys, the Auburn-Blackdiamond road is fun and very twisty, but has many blind corners and driveways coupled with slow moving traffic. It's a farm/residential area with the potential for the elderly, kids, and animals (farm and domestic).

Also cops, lots of cops out towards black diamond.

Not trying to cause friction, but I also don't want to be mistaken. In my original post I think I mentioned something along the lines of being mindful of the residential areas. I speak for myself when saying this but I would assume most would agree that cruise events are about enjoying the scenery while being with other e30s alike. The turns are a definitely a bonus, but if anyone is thinking of ricky racing through the farm fields, you might as well take it a mile down the road to the track.

So I guess were set on the second route then? Annd unless I get more input, it looks like we're making a pitstop at the flaming geyser park, pizza, and its going to be sometime in late spring?

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Not trying to cause friction, but I also don't want to be mistaken. In my original post I think I mentioned something along the lines of being mindful of the residential areas. I speak for myself when saying this but I would assume most would agree that cruise events are about enjoying the scenery while being with other e30s alike. The turns are a definitely a bonus, but if anyone is thinking of ricky racing through the farm fields, you might as well take it a mile down the road to the track.

So I guess were set on the second route then? Annd unless I get more input, it looks like we're making a pitstop at the flaming geyser park, pizza, and its going to be sometime in late spring?
            let's get some dates out there to vote on.... sooner the better.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good point ^^

Let me know if these dates interfere with other events. Obviously finding a late Spring Saturday or Sunday with nothing already planned on it is pretty hard to do but surely we can squeeze in a day most of us can be free on.

Here are the days I've come up with so far:

June 2nd or June 9th.

I'll update these vvv if anything shows up within the coming months

BMWCCA Pugent Sound: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 2nd / June 9th

Pacific Raceway: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 2nd / June 9th

Griot's Garage: Bimmerfest show in Cali on the 2nd, nothing on the 9th; VW show in Tacoma on the 9th

Evergreen Speedway: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 2nd / June 9th

LeMay museum: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 2nd / June 9th

Not sure what other places to check as of now, I gave up on ridge motorsport park's website. I thought I saw something here that said an event was happening locally on memorial day weekend for e30s? May 26th is free on all those sites too (except for a gm show at griot's) but it might rain so I figure June 2nd to be safer.

June 2nd:

June 9th:
              1. Cheffy30
              Last edited by vtechnik; 02-06-2018, 10:51 PM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Good point ^^

Let me know if these dates interfere with other events. Obviously finding a late Spring Saturday or Sunday with nothing already planned on it is pretty hard to do but surely we can squeeze in a day most of us can be free on.

Here are the days I've come up with so far:

June 3rd or June 10th.

I'll update these vvv if anything shows up within the coming months

BMWCCA Pugent Sound: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 3rd / June 10th

Pacific Raceway: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 3rd / June 10th

Griot's Garage: Bimmerfest show in Cali on the 3rd, nothing on the 10th; VW show in Tacoma on the 9th

Evergreen Speedway: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 3rd / June 10th

LeMay museum: doesn't have anything planned yet for June 3rd / June 10th

Not sure what other places to check as of now, I gave up on ridge motorsport park's website. I thought I saw something here that said an event was happening locally on memorial day weekend for e30s? May 26th is free on all those sites too (except for a gm show at griot's) but it might rain so I figure June 3rd to be safer.

June 3rd:

June 10th:
                june 10

1.cheffy30
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

vtechnik... have you seen this site? i thinks it's pretty sweet... there are a couple others

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                    vtechnik... have you seen this site? i thinks it's pretty sweet... there are a couple others

http://roadcurvature.com/
                    Not gonna lie, you just made my day haha. I'm downloading google earth and this extension as soon as I get home. I've spent a good amount of time on several forums trying to find good roads around here, this is infinitely better. Thanks cheffy30

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I'll be watching this. My vote is Pizza and spring time. (make me push more to get the car running.)
                      No preference on 10th or 3rd.
                      sigpic
                      Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                      88 Alpine 325i
                      1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Test Driven.

Today after my morning classes I kinda had impromptu moment, I went and drove the whole cruise route to get a feel for it. Here's what I found:

1. Park and Ride lot, this will be the starting point of the cruise. It's just on the other side of the freeway from Neely Mansion. There's a sign that says no temporary parking but I figure if we all got there within 15mins of starting the cruise it shouldn't be a problem.

2. If it is a problem, here's the spot right by the river that I was previously talking about. Once it turns sunny I'm sure the puddles wont be so bad. You can see the mansion from this spot too.

3. Here's the first stop on the cruise. It's directly right after the first farmland road. I thought it was the Flaming Geyser Park but it's actually Whitney Bridge Park. Flaming Geyser Park is up the road a little more. It has a great parking lot for a pic of the cars. I hardly ever see anyone in this parking lot too.

4. Here's the Pizza Deli, pretty cool place, excessive amounts of parking, and the workers were pretty friendly about the idea of the cruise too. Unfortunately they're not open Sunday so I'm moving the date to the 9th. If anyone has a problem with that let me know. Their food is also kind of spendy too so the diner may be a better option.

5. & 6. are both places you really have to keep your eye on your speed. They're the only two cities the cruise goes through, so just be careful of your speed on pedestrians. This also brings up the point that throughout the whole cruise there were only 7-9 stop lights, if that, and they were all in 6.

Final Note: I have confidence that anyone who's looking for a good cruise will definitely enjoy this route. There was no shortage of twists, switchbacks and sweeping turns through forest and wetland scenery. If anyone's considering going on this cruise I strongly encourage you to. I had a blast doing this route by myself and I'm genuinely excited to have a mob of bmw's going along with me next time.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Bump, if your interested in going or most likely going to be there on June 9th let me know so I can get a tally going for the restaurant. Thanks.

List of potential cruisers:
                          1. kid325e
                          2. bruner
                          3. cheffy30
                          4. jesusE30
                          5. Jboss12
                          6. Wschnitz
                          7. Habla
                          Last edited by vtechnik; 05-24-2018, 01:50 AM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Open and willing for a responsible cruise with the locals. Watching this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Per longer route request, what do you think of this? Anything longer becomes a small road trip in my book. We will most likely stop at flaming geyser park and food so that tacks on another 20-35mins. I tried to keep it the same idea as the smaller course, more curves than straights.

still thinking about this ride...?
                              let's make it happen.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm down

Comment

Working...
                                X