Diff/Subframe Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff/Subframe Alignment

I picked up a 3.73 LSD to put into my car and had some clearance/mounting issues when I installed it. Driveshaft ended up rubbing the gas tank under load and I was only able to work 2 of the 4 bolts in. My rear subframe bushings were shot so I blamed the flex on them.

Subframe is now out, poly bushings going in. Have no problem getting all 4 diff bolts into the subframe now. However, with it fully bolted up, this is the position of the pinion in the subframe. This seems wonky to me. Should I be correcting this? I was thinking of drilling the mounting holes out bigger, centering the pinion, then welding reinforcements to the subframe. Also thinking it will need to be shimmed down in the front with washers between diff and subframe.

This is seems wonky but I'm not sure what else to do. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Build Thread

I had similar problem diff was not centered, mounting holes we're stretched out to the left like just starting to tear, right wheel was more in than the left wheel, if you looked down from the wheel arch.
    I changed trailing arms, axels and put sims to level out the diff never fix the wheel problem.
    I dropped the subframe all bushings was good,placed a another subframe alongside the problem one and it was clearly visible my subframe was no longer TRUE....
    Put everything back together with the new subframe and all was good.

If its still not centered with your old diff than the problem has to be the subframe.
    Last edited by slum dog; 08-20-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I never had an issue with the old diff but I already got used to it. Subframe looks in good shape and mounting holes are all mint. Guess I'm probably just gonna shim it.
      Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X