M20 cranks no start (once again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 cranks no start (once again)

New main relay, new fuel pump relay, new CPS, fuel pump is only about 1 yr old, filter only has about 10k miles on it. Once i replaced the cps it ran for 10-15 min I thought i had solved the issue, so i shut it off. Sat for 1 day, i go to it this morning, same issue. Cranks but no start. When i get home i will check the fuel line going to the rail see if my pump is actually switching on. But the real question is why would it turn on on thursday and not start today? I'm pretty lost with this one. Any help appreciated, thanks guys.

well if its an eletrical issue being intermittent is common... i just did a repair on a v90 volvo that was loosing one igniter do to bad ground in the harness but you could move it and it would run then move it again and it would sputter and die. get someone to help you and see if your getting spark then check for fuel which you can cheat and use carb cleaner into the intake at some point. if it will turn over you are missing spark or fuel unless she is terribly out of time

Comment

Originally posted by rommeldawg View Post
      well if its an eletrical issue being intermittent is common... i just did a repair on a v90 volvo that was loosing one igniter do to bad ground in the harness but you could move it and it would run then move it again and it would sputter and die. get someone to help you and see if your getting spark then check for fuel which you can cheat and use carb cleaner into the intake at some point. if it will turn over you are missing spark or fuel unless she is terribly out of time
      Will do, timing is fine. Everything ran fine before this issue poped up. I re did the HG and all that less that 5k miles ago. I think a ground is going to be the culprit.

Comment

Check for fuel at the FPR and for spark. Work your way from the battery to the plugs, you could do the "pull a plug and check" test or get the numbers to see if the ignition is up to par. Battery, coil, cap, rotor, and wires. It will take a bit but is worth it for the ignition system anyways unless you know everything is 100%. It is probably a loose connection somewhere in the fuel or spark pathway to combustion, including grounds like dawg said.
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Working...
        X