No announcement yet.

My custom 5-Lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait. they are planning to sell them? I didn't know that! i just read the beginning. Neve rmind. It'd prob be cheaper than me doing it anyways.
    Oh babay babay

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Smirnoff View Post
      wait. they are planning to sell them? I didn't know that! i just read the beginning. Neve rmind. It'd prob be cheaper than me doing it anyways.
      Probably.

He's been sick lately, and having to deal with ice damage repairs from the nasty winter we had here and he's still tied up with some other projects. I'd say he'd probably be ready for a group buy in a few months. It also wouldn't hurt to put some miles on this setup first either. I've got 38 miles on mine, just have to adjust the rear coils...I'm rubbing waaaaay too much.
      sigpic
      Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Wow this looks INCREDIBLE. So to get this straight, offset wise wheels will fit like they would on stock e30 with 5mm spacer, correct? Can you clear up clearance issues between rotor and tie rod? Is 12mm really necessary? If spacers are necessary I think you should figure out the minimum required thickness and have your machinist make those as well with proper lip to hold rotor like stock hub has.

SWEEEEEEEET work!

Comment

Please get these for sale in time for this summer, I've been looking at a suspension overhaul but want 5 lug for more wheel selection but i didn't want to fully rebuild the front and rear with m3 parts (more $$). Look forward to seeing the final product!!!!!

If this doesn't go forward with full production can you release the CAD files? Cause I have a full machine shop at my disposal.

Comment

could you use e30 m3 hubs or rotors with these adapters?

I'm more serious about the rotors. I doubt the hubs will work.

Comment

What always gets me is.

People with access to all the fancy tools come up with the most complicated solutions...

Spindle adaptors, special tools, etc...

Why hasn't someone made a hub, (5x120 so similar dims to the E36 or E30 M3 what ever) that uses off the shelf SKF replaceable bearings that fit the E30 spindle, like most other manufactures....

Props for the skilz & tools.
              292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                could you use e30 m3 hubs or rotors with these adapters?

I'm more serious about the rotors. I doubt the hubs will work.
                Not sure, are they the same size as E36? If so, then yes.

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
                What always gets me is.

People with access to all the fancy tools come up with the most complicated solutions...

Spindle adaptors, special tools, etc...

Why hasn't someone made a hub, (5x120 so similar dims to the E36 or E30 M3 what ever) that uses off the shelf SKF replaceable bearings that fit the E30 spindle, like most other manufactures....

Props for the skilz & tools.
                Could be because of the tooling required to do so, the cost would be astronomical and there isn't a huge demand for it. This setup uses off the shelf replaceable bearings from SKF of FAG.
                sigpic

Comment

300mm.de makes custom 5 lug hubs that fit on e30 spindles. VERY expensive though.

I have a set of e30 m3 rotors that I probably would use if I were to buy the OP's adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                    300mm.de makes custom 5 lug hubs that fit on e30 spindles. VERY expensive though.

I have a set of e30 m3 rotors that I probably would use if I were to buy the OP's adapters.
                    Shit if I were to machine that it'd be expensive too, especially depending on how much the stock was and is made of depending on the grade.

But I'm still down to try and make something if I can get some spare parts.

Comment

$1300 is a little steep.

Especially for a setup that requires a hubcentric spacer for the rotor.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
                        $1300 is a little steep.

Especially for a setup that requires a hubcentric spacer for the rotor.
                        Idk if i like that idea then......hmmm...

Comment

Nor does that include the calipers, which would be purchased used, and a smart idea to rebuild them. Add the cost of 318ti trailing arms and you're up there in the price range of e30 m3 fronts for a 5-lug swap.

Like I said, Jim has a lot of projects going right now but it sounds like he's going to test the fitment of E39 brakes, as they may be able to be adapted plug-n-play, which would avoid machining the notches in the caliper brackets.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
                            Could be because of the tooling required to do so, the cost would be astronomical and there isn't a huge demand for it. This setup uses off the shelf replaceable bearings from SKF of FAG.
                            I doubt the tooling would be more, like wise the time.
                            All you need is a lathe & drilling centre for the stud holes.
                            If you have access to a CNC machine, it would shit them out for breakfast.

If you look at what you've made (not having a dig by any means), that is in no way an economical solution to mass produce, even small runs would be un-economical, how many "tools" did you need to setup/use....
                            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

this needs to happen soon.
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Updates? When will these be available?

Comment

Working...
                                X