Meet 'Goat'...my '89 325i Zinno 4 door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mpolito3355 View Post
    Eric.....where the hell is goat and whats going on with her .........
    Goat is being driven every day, but as far as updates...it is just too damn hot right now to work on it that much. My friend that will be doing the painting of the bumpers and other pieces is just too busy right now with this shop and personal projects, so the beautification process will have to wait a bit longer.

I do plan to do some interior and audio work very soon. The factory radio has a busted display, and only picks up one radio station. So over the past few days I have been buying a few audio products, and will be doing a nice-but relatively basic-installation. At the same time, I may go ahead and install my spare crack free dash, and spare perfect condition front windshield...along with a replacement front drivers window regulator and motor (thanks to member the_eskimo_wonder for a great deal on that).

Member jph is sending me a driver's side fuel level sender, so I will finally be able to know how much fuel I have in the tank. Pretty excited about that....it's always the little things!

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
    Just wanted to pop back in and thank you for the keyless entry write up!

It works fantastic!
    Thank you...I'm glad you found it helpful!
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

How's the AC working down there?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
        How's the AC working down there?
        It's really not doing that bad overall. Even with the parallel flow condenser, new receiver/dryer, expansion valve, and all new o-rings, it still just doesn't perform as well as a new car would. I also didn't drain or change any oil in the original compressor, so that might have a small bit to do with it.

It still struggles a bit in stop and go traffic, but once moving it does well. Wiring the aux fan to run on high at all times might help, but I don't want all of the extra noise. Now this is during 95-100 degree temps, with upwards of 80% and more humidity...so that the actual 'how it feels' temp is from 105-110 degrees. When the temps are low to mid 80's outside, it gets cold and does very well.
        Eric Giles
        '20 M2 CS
        '04 M3
        '11 X5 35D
        '87 325is
        '91 325i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
          It's really not doing that bad overall. Even with the parallel flow condenser, new receiver/dryer, expansion valve, and all new o-rings, it still just doesn't perform as well as a new car would. I also didn't drain or change any oil in the original compressor, so that might have a small bit to do with it.

It still struggles a bit in stop and go traffic, but once moving it does well. Wiring the aux fan to run on high at all times might help, but I don't want all of the extra noise. Now this is during 95-100 degree temps, with upwards of 80% and more humidity...so that the actual 'how it feels' temp is from 105-110 degrees. When the temps are low to mid 80's outside, it gets cold and does very well.
          When I did the r134 conversion on mine, there really wasn't any difference in cooling temps. Lots of people swear by the parallel flow condenser, but it do not make a difference in my setup.

Comment

Well Manny...like I mentioned a while back, some of the parts from your 318is made it into Goat this weekend.

My 6 yr old Sophia approves.

I’ve had many different sport seats in other E30’s, but for some reason these are the most comfortable I’ve sat in. I also gained a tiny bit of much needed headroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

Comment

Well Manny...like I mentioned a while back, some of the parts from your 318is made it into Goat this weekend.

My 6 yr old Sophia approves.

I’ve had many different sport seats in other E30’s, but for some reason these are the most comfortable I’ve sat in. I also gained a tiny bit of much needed headroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nice.. Those seats are in great shape!! Glad they're comfortable.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate it! The condenser I bought was from here:

It is definitely a direct fit...absolutely no modification needed at all. I swapped over the rubber mounting grommets for the fan from the old condenser, slid them into place on this one, mounted the fan and it bolted up into place perfectly.
                How is that condenser holding up? Thinking of getting one for my 318i but I can't find any reviews.
                sigpic84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post
                  How is that condenser holding up? Thinking of getting one for my 318i but I can't find any reviews.
                  Unfortunately I don't know...I sold Goat not long after my last post about three years ago. Others I know that have used them long term have had no issues, and I've just bought another one for my '87 325is. Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                  Eric Giles
                  '20 M2 CS
                  '04 M3
                  '11 X5 35D
                  '87 325is
                  '91 325i Sport

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know...I sold Goat not long after my last post about three years ago. Others I know that have used them long term have had no issues, and I've just bought another one for my '87 325is. Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                    Thank you! I bought a Spectre for my ETA however I may get this one for my 318 since the price is right.
                    sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
                    X