Mission 310: South Bay LA e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
    Did you look at the car in person before you bought it? What made you decide to buy this one?
    yes of course i did lol
    out of all of the listings that i found, this one seemed like the best deal to me. obviously I didn't know the suspension was such in bad shape though. But really that's the only thing really wrong with the car, and that's being resolved.
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Im really curious what these mystery washers are...

Also, thats BS about the grilles. Keep raising hell, no one wants to own up to it, but if you complain enough someone will. And you are justified in complaining about it
      I'll post a picture when they arrive, and i'll take a pic of it all put together. theyre 2 heavy duty cupped washers (one above and one below the RSM) that hold everything together, and prevent the shock from shooting up into your trunk, or vice versa.
      Build Thread

Comment

So I had just pulled off for work, when I noticed a weird knocking sound coming from the drivers side front wheel. I look underneath and find that the wiring for the speed sensor and the other wire that's down there, are hanging down freely.

Somehow, they were dangling freely in the wheel well, not clipped to the strut housing. They don't look that bad, but there is some fraying here and there, and the rubber shrink wrap is cracking off in some places.

2 questions:
        What is the other wire called? (the wire not connected to the speed sensor)
        Where can I get new wires for each? Anybody know the PN's?
        Build Thread

Comment

Here are the cables in question:
          Build Thread

Comment

haven't been doing much lately. something minor for now:
            euro grille installed.
            Build Thread

Comment

These the ones from Abrahams that got lost?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                These the ones from Abrahams that got lost?
                nope. still never got em.
                I bought these along with a set of smileys from 70ccrossi
                Build Thread

Comment

You need the throttle body of an early model car that's still sports an m20b25 (87's or verts) so your engine will stop hitting the ceiling of your hood.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    You need the throttle body of an early model car that's still sports an m20b25 (87's or verts) so your engine will stop hitting the ceiling of your hood.
                    but i don't have an m20, i have an m42 engine..?
                    sorry i'm a noob when it comes to that stuff
                    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      Not this guy's fault Abby, the ret-ard previous owner, purposely stacked washers on the motor mounts for oil pan clearance., hence the reason, he's still hitting the inner part of the hood.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        Not this guy's fault Abby, the ret-ard previous owner, purposely stacked washers on the motor mounts for oil pan clearance., hence the reason, he's still hitting the inner part of the hood.
                        yeah he actually installed these giant poly mounts that raised the oil pan considerably.

but of course, my engine burned through the insulation and is literally rubbing on the metal of the hood. and dont even get me started on the vibration...
                        Build Thread

Comment

I haven't been doing really anything to the car as of late because of school. Working full time and going to school full time really is a bitch…lol. But just a quick update:

Got stock motor mounts installed. Turns out not only did he put those giant poly mounts, but he still had about 6 washers on top of the mounts as well. Didn't realize that that was also causing the fan in the front to rub against its shroud, causing a rattling noise. So now that that's taken care of, the engine vibration is practically gone. And now the engine is aligned correctly, I can install a stock air box and finally get the car smogged and registered. lol

Unfortunately, they discovered that I have an oil leak AND a transmission fluid leak AND an AC leak somewhere. More problems for another day.

Some good news though….my lost euro grilles came in the mail!
                          I also bought a euro clock off of a forum member, that I still need to install.

Actually one pretty big step of progress is I got some new wheels! The ones I really wanted too, some DS2's. I had these in mind before I even got the car.
                          They need a bit of work on the curb rash, but I got a good deal from a guy on bimmerforums. Set of 5 staggered wheels (3 17x7.5's, 2 17x8.5's). Here's one of em

Also just got the adapters from 42 draft designs today as well.

That's about it. I have a couple other things that I need to install, but i'd rather wait to post those up until the day I actually install them, just for the sake of storytelling. lol

Cheers!
                          Build Thread

Comment

Lol a low-mile M42 engine can be had for a fraction of that cost.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Ya go buy an engine at the junkyard. Borrow a friends truck.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

nice.
                                91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                                ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Working...
                                X