fast easy question about hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fast easy question about hoses

so i need to do the mess under the intake i have a huge leak on the hose that goes to the valve cover...my question is i need to fix it since my car is bogging and misfiring more than ever...fast easy fix until i get the gaskets for the manifold....

so here it goes...for the mean time i can leave the heater plate and just re-route the hoses without having to remove anything to temporarily fix the leak...am i getting it right??? or am i thinking different?

what hoses are you going to reroute? the whole thing with the messunder the intake is that all those hoses are interconnected thats why somepeople remove it and make the routing simpler, its difficult to get to most of the spiderweb without removing the manifold.

the heater plate actually has coolant that runs through it but i dont see what that has to do with your leak if its just at the hose that goes to the valvecover.

is there leaks in all of thehoses or just at the valvecover to intake boot hose? assuming thats the hose you are talking about. if its just there and thats whats causing the problem just replace that hose.

Comment

the hose that goes to the valve cover is crankcase vent. you can completely delete that hose if you want and plug the hole where it connects to the intake boot.

the crack is most likely causing false air and making it run bad.
      as for heater plates just delete/ reroute the piping. youll be fine

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

yeah im trying to temporarily fix it..but i think i can do it just re routing the hoses and leaving the heater plate...i think there wont be an issue....
        but i need to check the hoses to see where they go

i did the mess under the intake once...and the only mod is to re-route the coolant hose and thats it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
          the hose that goes to the valve cover is crankcase vent. you can completely delete that hose if you want and plug the hole where it connects to the intake boot.

the crack is most likely causing false air and making it run bad.
          as for heater plates just delete/ reroute the piping. youll be fine

yeah thats the hose thats causing my car to missfire and bogg i first thought it was my fuel pump, changed that, and its still doing it...i changed the icv for a spare i have and nothing...i changed the afm, nothing...and then i notice theres a big crack where that hose that goes to the valve cover and if i move it the car revs a little...so i ordered gaskets to delete the heater plate but ill get the gaskets maybe friday. just wondered if i could re route it straight and avoiding the cracked hose...
          im sure ill be fine for now...just need to get that mess fixed but hardly have time...

Comment

Don't delete the hose. You need crankcase ventilation. Clean off the dirt/oil and wrap the cracked area with electrical tape, then order a new hose. It's cheap. Like $7 or so.

Comment

can you take pics of the hose you are referring to? i believe im having the same problem on mine, and i need it fixed ASAP!

sorry to thread jack :/
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

aight ill take pictures later on it did fix a lot of my iddling issues but i think i have a leak under the manifold

Comment

this is what i did
                  the hose didnt have any cracks but wrapped it in electrical tape just incase

and then the icv is connected to the nipple under the boot

Comment

well for starters i think its best not to connect 3 hoses to make one long one. just get the correct length hose from napa. you are just creating more spots it can leak from.

is the hose going from the crankcase to the nipple on the bottom of the throttle body? i know for sure i didnt do that. the icv and the crankcase hose are both connected to separate elbows that go into the intake boot. i plugged the nipple under the throttle body. but i dont think it makes much of a difference i just didnt want excess oil running directly into the TB.

Comment

Originally posted by tonywonder View Post
                      well for starters i think its best not to connect 3 hoses to make one long one. just get the correct length hose from napa. you are just creating more spots it can leak from.

is the hose going from the crankcase to the nipple on the bottom of the throttle body? i know for sure i didnt do that. the icv and the crankcase hose are both connected to separate elbows that go into the intake boot. i plugged the nipple under the throttle body. but i dont think it makes much of a difference i just didnt want excess oil running directly into the TB.
                      i dont think it matters originally theres that hose under the manifold it would be the same as stock just not going under the manifold!
                      i dont see anything wrong with what i did in, the contrary it idles better this hose i adapted goes under the nipple the throttle body and theres no leaks i dont see any oil dropping, i sprayed some carb cleaner no leaks...

Comment

Working...
                      X