X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Interesting, thanks a lot. [emoji1689]
    You need something like this.
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Audiopipe CRX-203 2-Way Car Audio Passive Crossover Network (Pack of 4) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Hey guys,

Do you ever find that new Genuine BMW rubber seals alone aren’t sufficient in sealing / waterproofing? We just installed a pair of brand new genuine trunk breather vents and seals and they are still failing the hose/rain test miserably and leaking water into my spare tire jack and battery compartments in the trunk.

I’m considering using silicone, any suggestions?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
        Hey guys,

Do you ever find that new Genuine BMW rubber seals alone aren’t sufficient in sealing / waterproofing? We just installed a pair of brand new genuine trunk breather vents and seals and they are still failing the hose/rain test miserably and leaking water into my spare tire jack and battery compartments in the trunk.

in4responses

I've got a leaky boi too
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          Hey guys,

Keep a couple stray cats in the trunk, theyll drink it dry.
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

On the topic of speakers, does anyone happen to know of aftermarket speakers that clear the factory parcel shelf rear speaker covers? I'm refreshing the interior on my 318is (non-premium sound system) and would like to replace the original speakers. I tried a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers in the 5.25 size, but they were too tall. Some of the Kenwoods look to have a lower profile though based on pictures.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to use the aftermarket speaker covers, but want to try to keep things looking factory-ish if possible.

Comment

Anyone going to the Marin Cars & Coffee tomorrow in Vintage Oaks? I'll be there with my e30.
              1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                On the topic of speakers, does anyone happen to know of aftermarket speakers that clear the factory parcel shelf rear speaker covers? I'm refreshing the interior on my 318is (non-premium sound system) and would like to replace the original speakers. I tried a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers in the 5.25 size, but they were too tall. Some of the Kenwoods look to have a lower profile though based on pictures.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to use the aftermarket speaker covers, but want to try to keep things looking factory-ish if possible.
                My rainbows fit in there fine. I removed the 5.25 driver, kept the factory tweeter, and you'd never know the rainbows were in there.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Any know of a reputable local shop to repair/rebuild an e30 diff?

Mine just got deafeningly loud after a reseal and fluid change.

I’m trying to avoid taking chances on Craigslist Or junkyard.

Comment

I believe the correct height for speakers is 2” or less and they will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by mc625569 View Post
                      Any know of a reputable local shop to repair/rebuild an e30 diff?

Mine just got deafeningly loud after a reseal and fluid change.

I’m trying to avoid taking chances on Craigslist Or junkyard.

What did you do to it??? It should be better, not worse after a fluid change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justinpirie View Post
                        What did you do to it??? It should be better, not worse after a fluid change.

Sigh... I paid a well reputed bmw specialty shop to change my subframe bushings. My diff was leaking a bit so I had then redo all the rear end suspensjon bushings and reseal the diff while they are at it.

It now howls to the point where it’s louder than my engine and not driveable for me.

They told me about this and just indicated that it was old - I’d need a rebuild at some point since there’s nothing they can to fix it.

So I do t want them touching my car anymore and I’m just looking to make this car driveable.

I’m not sure what recourse I have with the shop . I now live across the state so fighting with them is gonna be tough. They spent a good couple of weeks trying to diagnose the noise and came up with the “it’s just old and sometimes flushing them can bring out the warts “.

So I’m just looking to replace the diff or get it fixed or just find someone local who can help me.

They also broke my odometer , although I’m not sure how that happened. It’s possible the gears went on their watch ..

I’m pretty upset with this whole situation, it was quite a s-show. But at this point I just want to fix my car.

Comment

Originally posted by mc625569 View Post
                          Sigh... I paid a well reputed bmw specialty shop to change my subframe bushings. My diff was leaking a bit so I had then redo all the rear end suspensjon bushings and reseal the diff while they are at it.

It now howls to the point where it’s louder than my engine and not driveable for me.

They told me about this and just indicated that it was old - I’d need a rebuild at some point since there’s nothing they can to fix it.

So I do t want them touching my car anymore and I’m just looking to make this car driveable.

I’m not sure what recourse I have with the shop . I now live across the state so fighting with them is gonna be tough. They spent a good couple of weeks trying to diagnose the noise and came up with the “it’s just old and sometimes flushing them can bring out the warts “.

So I’m just looking to replace the diff or get it fixed or just find someone local who can help me.

They also broke my odometer , although I’m not sure how that happened. It’s possible the gears went on their watch ..

I’m pretty upset with this whole situation, it was quite a s-show. But at this point I just want to fix my car.

Have you checked to see if there is oil in the diff? Sounds to me like they failed to refill it, or, at the very least, refilled it with the wrong stuff.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Or not enough?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

I have not checked fluid yet. I'm going to take a look this weekend. They spent a good 2 weeks hunting down the noise, so if they didn't fill it and couldn't figure that out then even I am surprised at the level of negligence, or I was just flat out lied to that they were working on it (more likely).

I know nothing about diff fluid, can someone give me a recommendation for a 3.73 open diff that's noisy as hell?

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              Have you checked to see if there is oil in the diff? Sounds to me like they failed to refill it, or, at the very least, refilled it with the wrong stuff.
                              Will

Comment

75w140 with LSD friction modifier. I use RP or Mobil 1.

EDIT - it's an open. don't put in friction modifier.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X