Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    In the past including the residential school system, absolutely it was. Uprooting people who legally lived in an area with the intent of destroying their culture is vastly different than detaining people who have no right to be there.
    they have a right to be there, via our country's established asylum process

rightist policies have artificially restricted the ability to process refugees- legal refugees

the "wait in mexico" policy is absolutely part of this, and it's *new*. that policy decision was made exactly because the first step in the asylum process is "arrive in the united states", and they decided it was a better idea to make sure points of entry were defunded and de-resourced because hey we'll just have border patrol catch them instead, and ship them off to processing and detention centers run by the administration's favorite private incarceration companies (read: largest campaign donors)

you seem to talk a lot more than your awareness of the situation in my state warrants
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      they have a right to be there, via our country's established asylum process

rightist policies have artificially restricted the ability to process refugees- legal refugees

the "wait in mexico" policy is absolutely part of this, and it's *new*. that policy decision was made exactly because the first step in the asylum process is "arrive in the united states", and they decided it was a better idea to make sure points of entry were defunded and de-resourced because hey we'll just have border patrol catch them instead, and ship them off to processing and detention centers run by the administration's favorite private incarceration companies (read: largest campaign donors)

you seem to talk a lot more than your awareness of the situation in my state warrants
      No, they have no right to enter the country illegally whether they are legitimate refugees or not. What everyone is entitled to (as far as the US is concerned) is the right to seek asylum from persecution in a country other than the one of their residence.

Asylum, which is for persons already inside the US is not set up to process large numbers of people, not for nefarious reasons, but rather with the expectation that few people will need to utilize the process.

Let's also remember that most people crossing the border are not actually fleeing persecution as far as the legal definition allows us to see it, and unfortunately the only process these people can go through is to seek a visa.

Comment

Nice to have kicked up a hornet's nest and some debate.

Nothing is surprising coming from this President's mouth, but this is the most pathetic deplorable crap I've seen in a long time. And somehow people are giving Trump the benefit of the doubt here? Be ashamed of yourself.

Chanting of "Send her back" @ his rally? Gloating for 15 seconds. Blaming it all on the crowd in the days later. May be just politics to some, but what it is, is Dangerous. Watch those people's faces. Watch their kids watching them, learning from them. Inciting violence and hate is a major problem.

Sure, sure, Trump is not 'Hillary', none of us want that either, but what are you really supporting in America? This person needs to be run out of town, and quick. Things are bad.
        Last edited by phillipj; 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

one last time:

it doesn't have to be a "death camp" to satisfy the requirement of "concentration camp". the two are not the same.

the holocaust is one example of genocide. one. it doesn't have to look EXACTLY LIKE WHAT THE NAZIS DID to satisfy that definition either.

you "don't understand how we don't get this" because you're the one making the erroneous conflation.
          Where is the genocide?

How many Japanese were killed in "concentration camps" during WWII? You don't have an answer, so now you'll run to Google, to try to continue this ridiculous narrative that detaining criminals is a genocide.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

You lot keep saying "it happened once it can happen again" completely ignoring that more people voted for Hillary than Trump.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              Where is the genocide?
              already answered that, and you know you'd have given me shit if i *hadn't* googled to support my argument, so quit bitching that i do it
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

already answered that, and you know you'd have given me shit if i *hadn't* googled to support my argument, so quit bitching that i do it
                You've yet to successfully substantiate why what ICE does is equivalent to genocide, you still have work to do.

Comment

No, you have produced exactly 0 evidence that the US government is committing genocide against, which people exactly?

Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan?

Please elucidate exactly what ethnicity the US government is trying to eradicate.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    No, you have produced exactly 0 evidence that the US government is committing genocide against, which people exactly?

Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan?

Please elucidate exactly what ethnicity the US government is trying to eradicate.
                    go back and read again where i quoted the UN's definition of that term and how our current actions satisfy at least one of the requirements, currently

i know you're smart enough to connect these dots, and i'm tired of explaining things multiple times
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

The situation on the border sucks, somehow the US government has made it 8x more expensive than just being in a cheap motel.

It's not genocide, saying "I said it before" doesn't prove anything.

I'm trying to take you seriously and engage in a productive conversation, where is the evidence that the us government is conducting genocide against some ethnicity? Any ethnicity?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

go back and read again where i quoted the UN's definition of that term and how our current actions satisfy at least one of the requirements, currently

i know you're smart enough to connect these dots, and i'm tired of explaining things multiple times
                          Those rules do not apply to the lawful detainment of guardians.

Comment

you are further out in left field on this 1 than normal but oddly enough this no longer surprises me, Migrant deaths along the US Mexico boarder have been much lower during the 1st 2 years of #Orangmanbad reign of terror. In fact well below the annual average death rates from the previous 19 years spanning all the way back to W's 1st term, and nearly 40% less than some of the higher years logged during the previous regime.

The media and those that you seem to be getting your talking points from, ignore these fact by and large, have not published this information. Instead have chosen to stage fake photo shoots along the fence to keep the charade alive. They have to publish and smear the TV with photos of "kids in cages" taken during B-Money administration to further these ideas along.

see this handy dandy chart tracking such data.

You keep doubling down, and digging this hole deeper. I get that your invested on a personal level with this topic, and that may be slanting your view of the system in general and I can appreciate that. Though the mental gymnastics your going though to attempt to equate Detention centers for people that are breaking the laws, to egads nazi styled holocaust is like saying the oceans are not composed of water but rather flying mythical dragon seaman. What are supposed to do with a 100k migrants a month put them all up in the Marriott for months while they wait paperwork???

Where was your outrage of kids in cages when B-Money was in charge, Were you as outraged in 2012 when 471 migrants died vs the 283 last year??? It sucks that people die trying to better their position in life, and its heart breaking that this many do parish at the boarder who knows how many actually pass during the trip. Becoming triggered over it at this point just because the occupant of the oval office is not someone you approve of and glean over the recent past to blame the Orangeman is beyond fooling your self where the problem lies

Why are you not pissed off at the parents that SEND their children UNACCOMPANIED to the boarder, what are Agents supposed to do with these kids, to the tune of nearly a 1/4 million of them in the last few year???
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-21-2019, 01:40 PM.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Not sure how relevant that chart is as it shows known deaths along the border and does not break it down to deaths during arrest/confinement, which most of us can agree is likely to be a low number. Additionally, I am sure we would all like that number to be no higher than the mortality rate at large, but it's just not realistic when these folks may have been traveling in terrible conditions for days/weeks and are then subject to the added strain of arrest/confinement in conditions no one would describe as good.

Comment

One could argue that 3 hots, a cot, access to potable water on demand and some form of sanitation even if confined, would be less strain and stress on the body than trudging though the desert drinking out of ranchers livestock toughs and eating what ever they could scrounge, while dealing with 110+ and baking sun
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X