No announcement yet.

OnGreenPerformance.com - Buyers Beware: Do NOT Buy from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now here's my question to you guys, lets just say you were in my shoes after being dished an insult of that level...would you kept quiet still? Wouldn't have you escalated this to the governing body of Ebay? Even a little mouse cornered in the kitchen by a cat would try to fight back.

I would've gone off quietly and sucked up the fees if this was handled by them professionally. I would know because being on the other side as a vendor, I do this on a day to day basis when I deal with RMAs all day long. In fact, we don't even have restocking fees. We even take in returns when we knowingly see damage done by the customer's negligence. We do this to avoid erupting customers. They chose to not get off the high horse, and I charged back. Cardinal rule amongst retailers, NEVER insult customers. It can be used as grounds for harassment in court. Obviously, I didn't take that route with them as a customer, but I was just not going to let them go that easily either.
    Last edited by jvcajita; 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM.

1999 e39 540it touring | grocery getter | m sport pkg
    1989 e30 325i vert | commander's car | stanced and poked
    2000 e39 528it touring | grocery getter | m sport pkg | RIP
    1986 e30 325e sedan | track star | krauted out | RIP

Comment

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of this, after all YOU MADE the mistake by not doing your homework. And you pointed the finger at the seller and then ebay...

lame.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

First you accuse them of selling you a falsely represented part. Then you find out that you were at fault but even though it was your fault you won't pay to send it back. Why should they pay for your return label when you made the mistake?

While you didn't start making personal attacks your final email's tone was quite different from the rest. They went a little far with the personal attacks but honestly you were 100% at fault.

Comment

This is a stupid thread. Late entry to your life-fail count for the decade
          /

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
          In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
          Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
          AND you are both still slow

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
            First you accuse them of selling you a falsely represented part. Then you find out that you were at fault but even though it was your fault you won't pay to send it back. Why should they pay for your return label when you made the mistake?

While you didn't start making personal attacks your final email's tone was quite different from the rest. They went a little far with the personal attacks but honestly you were 100% at fault.
            I found out I was partially at fault after the insult was already thrown out. With that in mind, would you fold after even your own kid was talked down? Sorry man, personally all the more I won't step down if you talk $h!t about my kid. I'd take a bullet for my 4 year old son. So the question now is, would you pay for a return label to someone who insults you and thinks he can get away with it?

I've spoken with other vendors today who are forum sponsors. We all agreed. I was initially at fault, but the final outcome was that the cardinal rule was broken. As one of the sponsors said, "how dumb do you have to be to go after a guy and tell him his IQ is low." Unfortunate for this vendor that he didn't know I know how to play with the rules. Because he already insulted my son (in a response he made to my negative feedback to him by saying we hope he does not breed), all the more I will not tolerate anyone talking $h!t about my family.

It's not impossible to cover for a return's $5 shipping cost especially having a restocking fee that high. As a power seller, he has the volume to cover certain incidentals like this. The company I work for has a medium level volume on retail and high level volume on wholesale. Day in and day out, we get returns. We don't charge restocking fees, but we manage to stay in the black all the time. So to say that $5 is trouble for them is a load of crap. My compromise was to pay for the restocking fee, but not for the return shipping cost knowing its feeble for them to begin with. Now because he insulted not only me but my family, Ebay went ahead and given me a full refund.

Originally posted by transatlantic0207 View Post
            This is a stupid thread. Late entry to your life-fail count for the decade
            /
            I beg to differ. It's not stupid. It's a perfect example of how people should follow the golden rule which many of us forget from time to time. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Just today, I get a call from a customer saying he wants his money back after ordering a E46 bumper from our website. I asked him why? "I made a mistake. I thought I ordered a E39 bumper for my E39." And since the bumper wasn't shipped out yet I said, "No problem. I can ship out a E39 bumper for you." He then responds, "No thanks. I decided not to make to complete the purchase because I didn't realize I have a bill to pay." Guess what I said? "No problem, sir. I'll refund you the money and just keep us posted when your financials have been taken cared of." Do I get an award? Nope. But one thing for sure, I know he'll come back to us.

That's customer service. When I could have easily said. "Sir, that's a load of crap. It's not our problem you didn't balance your checking account right. You're stupid of thinking of modifying your car when your tight on money. Which state do you live in? Texas? Man, you guys think too BIG there. I'm still gonna send you the bumper."

Comment

I honestly cannot tell you how I would have acted. After the vendor said reread the listing and I saw that I was at fault I would have just gone through the return.

Offering a refund on a bumper that is not shipped and just billed, sitting at your shop is totally different situation.

If I bought a bumper, opened it only to find that while I have an E39 I ordered an E46 bumper and wanted a return. You would take care of the shipping and charge no sort of restocking fee? I could see no restocking fee as many companies don't charge the fee but return shipping is usually on the customer if a mistake is made on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                I honestly cannot tell you how I would have acted. After the vendor said reread the listing and I saw that I was at fault I would have just gone through the return.

Offering a refund on a bumper that is not shipped and just billed, sitting at your shop is totally different situation.

If I bought a bumper, opened it only to find that while I have an E39 I ordered an E46 bumper and wanted a return. You would take care of the shipping and charge no sort of restocking fee? I could see no restocking fee as many companies don't charge the fee but return shipping is usually on the customer if a mistake is made on their end.
                Yup he told me reread the listing after insult though...

As for you concern, of course I'd take care of the shipping costs and will not take a restocking fee. But my point with that example is to state that our company was not at fault either (about the customer being impulsive on buying the bumper). All the more did we try to capitalize on his fault with him not being able to balance out his financials? I made the mistake by not clearly reading the fine print. Everyone knows restocking fee is merely a politcally correct way of saying "you wanna return it, well we still gotta make our money." That's why my company will never charge a restocking fee. His fee was significantly higher than the shipping cost. I was not going to let him capitalize on me when on a professional level I wouldn't do that to others. All the more, when he outright insulted me prior.

Comment

OP - How about this for an insult? You are a fucking idiot.

That ad was clear as day. And the climate controls "as a whole" don't break nearly as fucking much as the silly weak buttons do. You press on them too hard and they spit right down the center where the indent is. BMW sells them together, and they come on a "tray" that looks exactly like the original HVAC panel - retard. If you are going to do your own work on your car, and you order the wrong part cause you don't know what you are doing - guess what? You pay a restocking fee.

So let me get this straight:

a.) you half-assed your research before buying
                  b.) you quickly ordered the cheapest item.
                  c.) didn't read the terms
                  c.) didn't even read the description
                  d.) bitch and moaned when you realized YOU fucked up
                  e.) and when you didn't get your way, you complained to ebay even though you were in the wrong.

I'm all for standing up for the customer - but man, you are a fucking retard - and you know it.

K THX BYE

George
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    OP - How about this for an insult? You are a fucking idiot.

That ad was clear as day. And the climate controls "as a whole" don't break nearly as fucking much as the silly weak buttons do. You press on them too hard and they spit right down the center where the indent is. BMW sells them together, and they come on a "tray" that looks exactly like the original HVAC panel - retard. If you are going to do your own work on your car, and you order the wrong part cause you don't know what you are doing - guess what? You pay a restocking fee.

So let me get this straight:

a.) you half-assed your research before buying
                    b.) you quickly ordered the cheapest item.
                    c.) didn't read the terms
                    c.) didn't even read the description
                    d.) bitch and moaned when you realized YOU fucked up
                    e.) and when you didn't get your way, you complained to ebay even though you were in the wrong.

I'm all for standing up for the customer - but man, you are a fucking retard - and you know it.

K THX BYE

George
                    LOL...You call that an insult? Guess what? I didn't pay for a restocking fee. Got ALL my money back. I guess the bigger idiot here is the moron who thought they can get away from capitalizing from someone's flaws. Boohoo. Who's the fucking retard now? The guy who wasn't able to read up front or the guy who got dumbfounded by the guy who can't read.

To get you straight:

a.) you half-assed your research before buying - NOPE. Waited and waited.
                    b.) you quickly ordered the cheapest item. - WRONG AGAIN. Three months of waiting for the right price.
                    c.) didn't read the terms - CORRECT
                    c.) didn't even read the description - WRONG AGAIN.
                    d.) bitch and moaned when you realized YOU fucked up. - AFTER PROFESSIONALISM was thrown out the door.
                    e.) and when you didn't get your way, you complained to ebay even though you were in the wrong. - AFTER PROFESSIONALISM was thrown out the door.

Now how's this for an insult, want me to have one of our fan boys covertly buy one of your sensors and have me ship it to China, become a sponsor here and sell them for $2.50 and if they don't like it I won't charge them a restocking fee? If I felt like doing it, I would do it. But I'm not in the business of taking money away from people to eat. So please, let's not try to insult each other.

Comment

What is your company's name? Or is it just a company that you work for?

Comment

:giggle:

Comment

What is your company's name? Or is it just a company that you work for?
                          Sorry sir. I'm smarter than that. You and I know that I'm not permitted to openly bring up my company's name especially when I'm not a supporting vendor here. Since you're quick on the gun with stating how I have "half-assed my research," Why don't you do the same and do a little research before calling people names =)? I'm openly present at many other general BMW forums. Look up the touring, there's a tip.

Comment

When you say "your company" - what do you do there exactly?

Comment

When you say "your company" - what do you do there exactly?
                              Internet Sales Director

Comment

Originally posted by jvcajita View Post
                                Internet Sales Director
                                BHAHHHAAHAHAHHAA

George please work your interweb majik so we can all have an even greater laugh at this morons expense.
                                [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

Working...
                                X