• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

Comment

yes, yes, yes!
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say where is the proof of the warped rotor and where is the proof that the rotor is at fault.

I have read many threads where people will get bashed on because they have lack of proof so I am saying where is your proof that the part is at fault.

Lets see it on a lathe lets see the pads lets see the proof.

Thanks for my rant!
        1986 RED ROSE (325es)

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
          Anyone interested in hearing the flip side of the story?
          I am sure like many conflicts there are 3 sides to story. I will say this, I am not a customer of Lee's and he helped me diagnose the issues with my current BBK and never tried to sell me anything, he is either very giving of his time, or shitty sales man. I choose to think of him as giving.

Now lets hear the soap opera so we can ignorantly flame both parties involved
          Brian Jacobs

Comment

I am trying to think what it would take to warp a set of these rotors. I race my car and have not warped a set of rotors, how do you build that kind of heat on the street?
            Brian Jacobs

Comment

The claim was that it was a possible defect.

Comment

my bad, not into that fancy reading stuff
                Brian Jacobs

Comment

I have replied to Brendan to two of his first email within perhaps a few hours after he PM'd. He explained he sold to one of his customer (or in exchange for other parts or service) his old kit and his new hats and rotors. Then after a while HIS customer complained about vibration. Brendan clearly said he drove the car and felt no vibration at all and that everything was measured within specs, but that just to make his customer happy, I should give him free rotors...

I asked for more details as two rotors won't warp all together as a production deffect. Only one would be affected, or the whole batch of rotors would be bad ( and it never happened). Then he also wanted me to replace the pads. If rotors have warped, it is strictly because they have been abused. Am I supposed to send rotors just for that? What promise did Brendan give his customer about what the kit can do? There must be a reason why I offer different front and rear kits.

Basically, I never had any communication with the owner of the parts. Brendan behaved as if he was an approved distributor. When I asked for more details, then it took weeks to get them.

Sorry Brendan, I am not giving away rotors for free just to cover YOUR customer. Why hasn't the new owner of the kit never contacted me? And not by PM, but by email? In 8 years I only had two bad sets of rotors. The first one because the owner decided to abuse brand new rotors with race pads without even bedding the rotors in. The thermal shock was enough to warp the rotors. The owner understood his fault. The second set of "bad" rotors was with Kurzbimmer and the VW Corrado rotors. Both rotors cracked pretty bad and these were replaced by Racing Rotors.

Third occurence is YOUR customer. And your excuse that I shall give free discs on the sole premise that I should keep him happy whatever wrong he did with the brakes made me laugh. And I told you about.

BTW Interestingly, in this thread you haven't even considered asking others how could brake go wrong or even consider the driver's mistakes. No brake is undestructible. I make 15" kits with AP Racing calipers. And yes, discs can warp if you do a hot lap, pit in without cool down lap and keep the brakes on in the paddock with the rotors glowing red... Warp or cook bad deposits on the rotors

The new owner should contact me. Has he even considered this option?
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Lee makes valid points, but then again, Fidhle's a Douche and thats prolly why Im against him!
                    harry/harout

Comment

Rotors can warp in pairs, and usually do (at least on stock cars), at least from my small (5 year) experience at a relatively medium-sized BMW dealership.

Other than that, I'm subscrizzling to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Anyone interested in hearing the flip side of the story?
                        Absolutely, the sooner the better.

Originally posted by parkerbink
                        Is it comfy on Lees sac?
                        I would proudly stand up for ANY shop that provides as high quality parts as Massive does. Lee has made it onto a very short list of aftermarket suppliers I'm willing to use on customer's cars on a regular basis; joining the ranks of Baker Precision, Canton Racing, ARE, VAC, UUC, ect. I'm sure there's more to this and I'm hoping to hear both sides if the story.

Erik

Comment

Let the record show that I'm staying out of this.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Record shown.

Wanna leave this thread and get a cup of coffee?

Comment

Indestructible....
                              sigpic

Comment

I am leaving for a baked lasagna. I was away for 10 days working on an advertizing campaign to help a friend and this is my first relaxed dinner in 10 days. Will probably watch SALT with Angie Joli.
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X