DT-BeTaR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DT-BeTaR

I reply to this guy's LF post requesting a half shaft desperately.

Guy is from Canada, (not many Canadians on R3V) so I cut him a break and sell him the halfshaft for $50+shipping.

I rush out the next morning after boxing up a driveshaft (try doing that, no fun) and heading out to the shipping outlet to get a couple of shipping quotes.

I CALL him directly, and speak to him in which shipping he wants, tells me he'll send $ promptly after work. At this rate, he sounded like a legitimate enthusiast, and it's only a transaction totaling $75. no big deal.

He texts me a couple of hours later saying there's an issue sending $ via paypal, I tell him to send me an e-transfer instead.

nothing.

at all.

I call him, text, sent PM's via R3V and I can see he's been online AFTER I sent him the PM here, not to mention ignore my phone calls and multiple text messages.

$75 is not the end of the world. it's the principle.

I busted my ass boxing a driveshaft for him, going out to the postal facility, and even have the common courtesy to ask him over the phone WHICH way he'd like to have it shipped.

I'm repaid by being ripped off, and not getting paid for the part he so urgently needed...I'm out on a half driveshaft ($50) and the shipping costs another $26.XX).

I've never been ripped off on R3V.
    Call me oldschool, but a fellow enthusiast reaching out to help another one (Canadian at that)...I didn't think this would happen.

lesson learned on my part I guess.
    There is still dishonest people out there.
    Even on R3V
    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 04-29-2015, 11:46 AM.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

You shipped before payment? Sorry for getting jacked, but Id never do that. Thanks for the FYI though. I have had to many flaky buyers to pre-ship.

Comment

you're absolutely right...
      I was very rushed, and I spoke to this fella over the phone and he sounded "legit" mature and not like someone who would go on ripping me off.

I've sold literally thousands of $ of stuff online here on R3V alone, and I've never been "had".

the 1 time I ship before payment, and whoop there it is.

I would not recommend dealing with this individual.

Comment

sounds like his name kinda means dead beater

Comment

Waffles that guy. His mom should kick him out.

Comment

I canned your other thread, no need for multiple threads on the same thing.

I would ban the guy, but I'll wait to see if he replies to this thread. Always get both sides of the story first.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              I canned your other thread, no need for multiple threads on the same thing.

I would ban the guy, but I'll wait to see if he replies to this thread. Always get both sides of the story first.

cool beans.

you're right, i'm still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt (family emergency, accident, illness etc...) but after a week I think I'll be a little more pro-active.

Comment

I seen he was on here today. If he logs on again without replying, then he's gone!!!!

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Ya he has been knocking on my door for a week but he has no money

Comment

Barry is this what he's told you? Has he given you further contact info?

Comment

after some sleuthering, I finally got ahold of him.
                      at his office, at work.

said "ohhhhhhhhhh right...well, it's not the one I need so i'm sending it back"

the Looking For add clearly indicates a need for a "I" driveshaft, whereas he needs the larger flange now.

certainly doesn't excuse the fact he's been avoiding my calls/texts/emails all week.
                      [

Comment

any chance he is going to chip in for the $ spent to ship it?

Comment

Not likely.
                          He'll need to shell out the cost to have it shipped back anyhow.

Comment

Response

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                            Barry is this what he's told you? Has he given you further contact info?
                            I have a drive shaft that he wanted to buy, made me a firm offer shipped for 250.00
                            I was asking 260.00 plus shipping which is 115.00 to Alberta, Ca I told him the price is firm.

Sent me an email stating he could get a rebuilt for 300.00 in his home town this was before
                            he made me the offer. Which I refused. His name is Peter.

this went on for a week.

Always get your money first and have it sent as a gift..

Did you want his email address I think I my have it in my hot mail LMK and I will look for it
                            Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry, I have all the contact info I need.
                              I basically gave away my half driveshaft for $50 plus $25 shipping. He indicated that a "i" shaft was needed as per the add posted.
                              I sent the shaft on Saturday, and after me having to hunt him down is when he tells me I sent the wrong one...as he needed the larger flanged shaft for an m30 swap.
                              The package hasn't even reached its destination yet (should get there by Friday) and he tells me this.

Either way, the $ is small potatoes....just keep me informed-this could of been avoided if in could of received a response to text or phone call

It's not like I didn't try

Comment

Working...
                              X